Long term reader - now joined

Paul821

Like many people I have  dropped in and out of Britmodlller for some time but thought it was time I signed up.

Experience - mediocre modeller but I have been sticking pieces of plastic together since the late 1950's.

Earliest modelling memory - being told by a shopkeeper that I was too young to build the Airfix Churchill tank when it came out - I  (or my parents)  bought it anyway - I cannot remember the resulting build.

Main area of interest  - aircraft, and railway subjects, associated with East Anglia.

Size of built collection - about 200 models (built up after a cull due to move of house about seven years ago)

Size of stash - about 70 models

Model longest in stash - Monogram B-36, bought in 1980, when it first came out and has survived eight house moves.

WIP - Airfix Vulcan bought this year at Duxford Air Display for £10, and Airfix Sunderland - long standing stash item

Most recent purchases - Airfix Dakota and Shackleton from TX-Max. I know the Shackleton is not exactly an East Anglian aircraft but I could not resist it at the price.

Paul 821

Hello Paul ... Welcome to Britmodeller. Im impressed by the built kits number. How ever do you find space to store them ? I dont blame you for holding off on the B-36. I have my brother in laws from when he was a teenager and it needs to be rebuilt, its in pieces and even that way its quite large. 

Hope to see some of your work soon. 

Dennis

19 minutes ago, Niknak said:

"200 built bet that takes up a lot of space "

Many of these are 1:72 / 1:76 vehicles so that is not a great problem but what else is a double garage for?

• Like 2