Aoshima Lamborghini Aventador SV

Morning everyone :) made a start on this kit yesterday so I though I'd make a thread to document my build. Now I'm far from s great modeller so please don't expect Roy or Shaun levels of modelling here lol but I do enjoy it and does help me relax

So on to the build, well it's the Aoshima lambo. First time I have picked up a kit from this maker and so far I have to say it's well up there with Tamiya in terms of fit and quality, so much so I have the F1 gtr ready to be ordered on payday lol. (Or maybe two 🙈)

20171118_104030

I won't bore you all with the sprue shots but you certainly get alot in the box, and I'm going for something slighty different with the paint scheme, yup that is Roothmans blue you can see there...... more on this in a later post.

Starting with the body, here you can see I've installed the side vents and the side skirts, although left the grill off the back of the vent, this should allow for easier painting and less masking (I hate masking!)

20171119_120801

From here the front bumper was cleaned up, no glued in place yet, simply placed 

20171119_122422

From here the rear portion has received some work, the rear wing was built up and the first piece of photo etch applied to the rear 

20171119_134008

And finally 

20171119_153602

So after a little bit of work I have the start of an SV starting to take shape. Next up is adding the final details to the body and then into the paint shop. Note the bumpers and wing haven't been glued yet, these can come together after painting. But I'm certainly enjoying this one so far, hopefully have some more progress this week on the model, but I think it's safe to say my mojo is well and truly back up and firing 

All the best 

Matt :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gamblor916 said:

Can't go wrong with Aoshima lambo kits. They're fantastic straight out of the box or paired with their detail sets.

Cheers buddy, yeah this one will be straight out of the box the F1 GTR next on the list will have a detail set added on to the order when I get it :)

Hey Matt great to see you've started a build thread for this monster of a car. From my experience of the roaster version the doors can be tricky but from looking through my one of these kits they have changed how they attach the doors with the little extra instruction slip. 

With zero paints primer It says after 2 hours drying at 20° (or something like that) it should be fine to paint but for me I always leave to dry overnight most of the time. 

Shaun 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shood23 said:

Hey Matt great to see you've started a build thread for this monster of a car. From my experience of the roaster version the doors can be tricky but from looking through my one of these kits they have changed how they attach the doors with the little extra instruction slip. 

With zero paints primer It says after 2 hours drying at 20° (or something like that) it should be fine to paint but for me I always leave to dry overnight most of the time. 

Shaun 

Many thanks Shaun shall keep an eye out when it comes to fixing the doors on :) still haven't got any primer on the kit yet, maybe tomorrow evening :) thank you for the heads up, wasn't sure how long to leave it before applying the actual colour but will leave it over night just in case :)

Have started on the engine bay area this evening, used Ak metal paints and I have to say they spray very very well. I'm nowhere near the level of spraying alclad yet but they have given a very nice finish to the engine and the engine bay. Have also sprayed up the disks tonight, going for body colour for the actual calipers so they will need masking off before I start doing them properly. 

But so far the fit of the parts have been superb, really am enjoying taking my time and enjoying this kit. Hopefully have a small photo update of the engine bay area tomorrow evening for you all :)

All the best

Okay slightly more done to the sv, engine area is pretty much done, haven't worried to much about this area but was good fun to paint up. They do give you the option of having the back up...

20171125_223542

Quite a busy area and with the next two pieces on this area becomes even more so. Some of the colours might be slightly off but hey I'm enjoying it :) looking forward you can also see I've dry fitted the cabin area, nice and simple but hopefully some nice detail painting will bring this all up a treat. 

20171125_223456

So this is where the sv currently stands

20171125_221921

Still a lot of work to do, and some more body work still to be added but she's moving along now :) and the mojo is certainly coming back. Hoping to get a bit of paint on over this weekend, the wheels will be going gold and aim to tie this in with the seat design and also the rear hatch, and possible the high side vents, I think it will work quite well with the Roothmans blue..... what do you guys reckon?

All the best 

• Like 3

Evening all :)

Finally got a bit of primer on a few bits earlier today...

LRM_EXPORT_20171126_205610

LRM_EXPORT_20171126_205702

All the interior pieces have been primed and should be ready for paint tomorrow afternoon. I'm guessing it's probably best to let the paint to dry for 24 hours before masking it.. .

Anyways that's all from today update hopefully tomorrow :)

All the best 

• Like 2

Evening all :)

Well I've made some solid progress with SV today, 

First up the wheels received a coat of pale gold from zero, initially I was worried these might be a tad too pale, but overall I'm fairly happy with how they have come out

LRM_EXPORT_20171127_163717

From here there was an excuse to place the wheels under the body simply to get an idea of how it looks.. .

LRM_EXPORT_20171127_163642

Not bad :) so with the wheels done there was nothing stopping me getting a rolling chassis all together, so as it stands we have a rolling chassis with the uprights and the brake disks in place, not that you can really see them behind the huge wheels  (revell take not this is how you do wheels for a model kit ;) )

From here it would have been rude not to go for a dry fit with the completed chassis... 

LRM_EXPORT_20171127_182513

LRM_EXPORT_20171127_182440

LRM_EXPORT_20171127_182356

Fairly solid progress today, still very much enjoying this kit, dare I say it's better engineered then a tamiya kit 🤔 Plan for tomorrow is get the body primed and ready for a coat of blue possibly Wednesday, and to mask up some of the interior I have painted today, would love to know what you all think so far :)

All the best Matt :)

• Like 1

This wheels do look very nice, sort of Persian gold which is very fitting as you would probably see most of the SVs in the UAE. Also with the rothmans blue colour being used for the body you would only need a white balboni style stripe to make it look very 90s williams f1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shood23 said:

This wheels do look very nice, sort of Persian gold which is very fitting as you would probably see most of the SVs in the UAE. Also with the rothmans blue colour being used for the body you would only need a white balboni style stripe to make it look very 90s williams f1. 

Many thanks Shaun :) yup the idea is to have the wing, high side vents and the rear vents over the engine gold, possibly the front areo in front bumper as gold but not 100% sure yet.... the white stripe had crossed my mind, I'll see how it comes out with the rest in gold on the blue and maybe add it in :)

LRM_EXPORT_20171128_112542

Blue has gone down this morning, possibly another coat needed up I can check this in the morning as it's staying hidden in the storage cabnit until at least tomorrow :)

Loving this kit, haven't enjoyed one like this for a long time just what I needed :)

All the best

• Like 4

Many thanks Shaun just to break up the blue slightly, I hope it works, if not I can always respray again :) it's roothmans inspired, but with my own little twist, I know they were mainly blue and white with a hint of gold, but I do like that idea of the stripe in white :)

The body still needs another coat of blue, but I couldn't help but see what the blue and gold looked like...

LRM_EXPORT_20171204_172723

The black parts still need a spot of primer and a coat of black, doors and rear engine hatch also need some paint on, plus the side vents, so still plenty to do! But I think the blue and gold work quite well together :)

Haven't painted anything for a few days have a new mask on order from hiroboy that should be here some time tomorrow plus a few other goodies :) so hopefully work can begin again soon on the Roothman inspired SV :)

Hope we are all well

• Like 1