Blitz's KUTA GB Entries

Blitz23

This is much needed for myself as I'm a serial kit starter, most of the work I won't be able to complete until the Christmas break but I thought I'd share the list of builds I will try to complete.

1. Tamiya 1/35 Ausf A Panther tank. 

Kit I started a long time ago now, and when I moved house, somehow I lost the box with all the tools and decals I'd yet to attach.  Therefore I've bought new decals for a winter scheme and a Tamiya toolset for a Panzer IV which are the closest I could find.

Here's the model so far with the decal set I've purchased will be completing the model as the C scheme on the sheet, as you can see I've sprayed the turret white already, just need to mask off the tracks and wheels before spraying the body.

IMG-20171119-WA0020

35-C1061.jpg

2. Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito Mk VI.  

Excellent kit, just need to crack on and get some paint down, have an Xtradecal sheet for her and hoping to do an SEAC bird.

20171119_184040

3. Airfix 1/72 Blenheim Mk 1.

One of my favourite aircraft I had to put on hold as I didn't have any canopy masks for it, will have to order some from Hannants.

4. Italeri 1/48 Boston III.

Fuselage and wings are together, nacelles and engines next big job as well as assembling the nose undercarriage.  Will be finished as a free French bird.

20171119_184049

5. Dragon 1/35 Sherman Vc Firefly.

Tank itself is actually pretty complete as is the turret but is currently stored in box, just needs photo etched parts adding and tracks building then its ready for paint.

6. Airfix 1/48 Seafire Mk 47.

Fuselage is assembled, has had fit problems when attaching the wing section.  Planning to do this with wings folded, needs new decals as kit ones have yellowed.

20171119_184105

As you can see I've got plenty to keep myself busy with!!!!!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update...

1. Panther, realised the version I'm doing has side skirts, so need to purchase some aftermarket ones, have painted the other set of tracks, will assemble and attach shortly.

2. Mosquito has some progress, test fitting the undercarriage. Was originally thinking of a SEAC A/C but now might do a Banff Strike Wing A/C.

39386812961_20494b5577_k.jpg

39386944811_6888a65cc2.jpg

Thinking I may do the 2nd aircraft on the sheet.

3.Blenheim interior painted cockpit green ready for detailing before assembly, paint masks have arrived so they're good to go.

4. Boston I've added the engine nacelles and painted the landing gear.

5. Here's the Firefly at present.

25498504438_3b17db8066_k.jpg

The Firefly I'll be finishing it as

25498470278_66c7d0f818_k.jpg

6. Seafire I've made zero progress with.

Edited by Blitz23
Link correction
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

That sounds like impressive progress :)

To be honest, it would take me the remaining month to finish any one of those!

Cliff

If I get one finished I'll be happy :lol:

23 minutes ago, Col. said:

Banff Stike Wing Mosquito gets my vote :thumbsup: Nice to see your progress on almost all of these.

Thinking the 2nd aircraft on the sheet, as has external tanks and rocket rails.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blitz23 said:

Thinking the 2nd aircraft on the sheet, as has external tanks and rocket rails.

That will make for a load not typically seen on models of the Mosquito.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Evening gents, some progress on the Panther, realistically the only model I'll be able to complete before the time frame is up.  I've told myself I have to shift this lot before I start anymore builds.

Here's where I'm at.....

39793525502_ac69047b10_k.jpg

28046892699_b681624bff_k.jpg

28046888319_03b7c26f6c_k.jpg

28046884759_322831eea4_k.jpg

Still plenty to do, more weathering, tracks need more work, exhausts needs staining, decals need adding as well as tools etc.  I'm debating or not whether to add side skirts or just leave it as it is.

And here's the scheme I have settled on for the Mossie.

38926542285_8118148672.jpg

Edited by Blitz23
Link correction
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well shockingly I won't get any of these finished by the deadline, but I have made progress on all but the Sherman since this GB started.  Panther just needs tools adding and I have began to paint the Seafire so I'm hoping to complete those two in the coming month.

• Like 2