Scammell Pioneer SV2S

Excellent, just quickly browsed through the photos and you have done an awesome job. I already have the Thunder Models Scammel Transporter on order, but seeing this has added the recovery truck to my wish list.

Thanks for posting it, inspiring.

Paul

• Like 1

It was a real Pleasure seeing it coming together andy, and no doubt about it a real top drawer model, awsome winch detailing and weathering, love the grain effect on the timberwork too, a lot of time on research,  and home detailing has really paid off. 

Glynn 

• Like 1

I should have included in my previous post that this is,as always from Andy, an incredible model. I don't normally like 'overly artistic' finishes on military vehicles but this is just right, and the subject matter is a great idea - are those markings from the box?

G

• Like 1

Astonishingly good - I followed this over on "The Modelling News", I think it's my favourite of yours to date - I learn something every time you finish a model.  I'm going to try the Vallejo acrylic wash with the sponge - that's a new one  to me and looks Sooo effective.

Though that said, I wonder why I bother after seeing the ease you turn out masterpieces B)

Love it

Rob

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

47 minutes ago, Hewy said:

It was a real Pleasure seeing it coming together andy, and no doubt about it a real top drawer model, awsome winch detailing and weathering, love the grain effect on the timberwork too, a lot of time on research,  and home detailing has really paid off. 

Glynn 

Cheers Glynn. Very much looking forward to the next update on yours

33 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I should have included in my previous post that this is,as always from Andy, an incredible model. I don't normally like 'overly artistic' finishes on military vehicles but this is just right, and the subject matter is a great idea - are those markings from the box?

Thanks Graeme. Yes, the lend-lease version is one of the box schemes. IBG kind of overdid it with red stars on the front back and sides, and slogans on both sides too. I kept it more minimal, but in reality, I doubt a Russian Pioneer would have carried stars or slogans.

24 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

I'm going to try the Vallejo acrylic wash with the sponge - that's a new one  to me and looks Sooo effective.

It's a good technique for breaking up a paint finish. Acrylic washes tend to be a little more subtle than enamels, so you can control the result more easily, and build the effect up slowly. You don't have to worry about later oil/enamel weathering affecting it either.

Andy:cat:

• Thanks 1

Andy, I have to agree with all the other members, this model is truly outstanding. I have one of these and was going to start it in the new year, and if it looks half as good as yours, I will be pleased. This is my kind of model, very well done to you sir!

• Like 1

Ok a bit late to this one, but man Andy !!!!  Just when i thought i was starting to get used to your standards you go and knock this one out of the park. Stunning. No words can really describe the realism.

I have my old blitz vehicle which I’ll eventually get to. This will be the inspiration. Now to find that build thread/article. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mate ! As always, words simply aren't enough ! Seriously superb Andy !

Now I need to go over to the other website to see the build. Thanks also for the effort to show us all here how it should be done....

Edited by Portaler
  • Like 1