Sd.Kfz.1840 Elefant

I've still got to add the figures but as I'm pretty hopeless at painting them I thought I'd show this without them. Added my own zimmerit, which really isn't neat enough given that it was originally applied in the factory.

38525477881_165821ce8d_b.jpg

38469475886_94e0b94cf3_b.jpg

24652979678_6e600ccb07_b.jpg

38493654392_afb8ed639d_b.jpg

38493641652_f8a8930585_b.jpg

26749591259_1e3d20afe7_b.jpg

38525450581_22900d1957_b.jpg

Regards

J A

• Like 16

I love the color of the camo, very well achieved for my taste, the zimm is not appreciated in the photos, but it does not seem to be bad, tow cables are very real (Eureka maybe?), and the kit is tamiya ?.
The green is something personal, but I do not see it so bad, this vehicle, served in front of the West ?, and being a tank destroyer, should not be hidden and camouflaged? ...
I personally like it, but if I did not have it, I would like it ..
:goodjob:
cheers mate :yes:
  • Like 1

Thanks for the constructive responses everyone, all really appreciated.

I wasn't sure about the greenery either but as Kursk was fought in open country I hoped it would kind of reflect that. A diorama or a base might follow, but just now I'm too into building the kits than to spend time on settings. I might get round to it one day...

I agree the aerial is too spindly but as I don't go for A/M as a rule I will replace it with a bit of suitably tapered stretched sprue.

The cables are real, after a fashion - they are made from thin wire cable I found while browsing in B&Q (passes the time while the wife is buying up the Garden Department), and at 2 metres for about £10 or so there's enough for a fair few AFVs yet. The tow cable loops are the kit items and they match the braiding of the cable almost exactly. 

Oh, and by the way I know it is an Sd.Kfz.184 - I've no idea where the extra '0' in the title came from!

Regards

J A.