Eduards new Fw 190 A-4 in JG 1 markings

mathy

Hello,

fresh from my desk: Eduards new Fw 190 A-4 in JG 1 markings. This aircraft was flown by Lt. Eberhard Burath of I./JG 1 in April 1943. Eduard will offer this markings in their new Royal Class edition of this great kit

2OQMSxjnNn.jpg

hoEIDiHJlJ.jpg

NUu2Zs8iOy.jpg

tf3hRfnUxs.jpg

Vjz40FHVzu.jpg

Kl2yD7sBnr.jpg

b2uGye2DnN.jpg

lSYqjRQTC1.jpg

W6LRcdJUhd.jpg

aOIM7VV9Tf.jpg

vNWwJBsL7M.jpg

nMeYi6jsGO.jpg

Y3eBkM8u0g.jpg

qUYmpGLeJn.jpg

Q4SLwrMxTF.jpg

EL1XPnNamk.jpg

L246oZQVXK.jpg

VBsAus3gBN.jpg

n4O4QSTrCo.jpg

1vCVqUVi21.jpg

• Like 63

As always a flawless result, Matthias!
I like the restrained chipping on the wings with its low contrast. The dust on the wheels looks a bit reddish on the pics, but that may be the lighting.

What are your impressions on the buildability of the kit?

5 minutes ago, mostrich said:

As always a flawless result, Matthias!
I like the restrained chipping on the wings with its low contrast. The dust on the wheels looks a bit reddish on the pics, but that may be the lighting.

What are your impressions on the buildability of the kit?

just fine! Similar to Eduards Bf 109 and Spitfire in 1:48

1 minute ago, Nachtwulf said:

Wow, that is beautiful! :worthy: Absolutely love the weathering! one question. Is that the correct cooling fan? it seems a little robust for the A-4.:door:

I hope so, took this one Eduard provided in its plan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent 190 :pilot: ... everything is well done and i particularly like the outside photo’s. What did you do for the base to look like wet asphalt/tarmac.

that is the backside of an ordinary baking tray.....;)

• Thanks 1

Hi mathy,

this is an absolute gem of a FW 190. Absolutely beautifully built and painted.

Just a small gripe: it would appear that you photoshoped the swastikas on the tail, and this leaves me perplexed and not a little miffed, as BM is a modelling club and not a neo-Nazi propaganda instrument... So history is history, and we cannot change that, no matter whether we like it or not... So it would be nice to see some photos un-altered.

Having said all that, I love your build.

Congrats

JR

1 hour ago, jean said:

Just a small gripe: it would appear that you photoshoped the swastikas on the tail, and this leaves me perplexed and not a little miffed, as BM is a modelling club and not a neo-Nazi propaganda instrument... So history is history, and we cannot change that, no matter whether we like it or not... So it would be nice to see some photos un-altered.

This is a tricky one. Mathy is (from his location) German and the use of the swastika is still at best unwelcome, even in a historical context. I commented upon someone using a Nazi recruitment poster in displaying a model on here as "uncomfortable" I don't think we need to see the Swastika and if it were missing altogether would not detract from the quality of modelling, which is superb.

On a slight related question the unusual port side Balkenkreuz, is that accurate for this example?

Wonderfully photographed and a master class in finishing. Well done sir!

Absolutely stunning build again, Matthias!

16 hours ago, jean said:

The same pictures have been previously posted to a German forum, where it is mandatory to eliminate these markings.

(Many German modellers have become hyper-sensitive about this because of frequent legal complaints.)

And I suppose this build will be featured in an upcoming edition of Jet & Prop magazine?

So, let's overlook the blank spot on the tail and enjoy this truly outstanding model!

15 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

This is a tricky one. Mathy is (from his location) German and the use of the swastika is still at best unwelcome, even in a historical context. I commented upon someone using a Nazi recruitment poster in displaying a model on here as "uncomfortable" I don't think we need to see the Swastika and if it were missing altogether would not detract from the quality of modelling, which is superb.

On a slight related question the unusual port side Balkenkreuz, is that accurate for this example?

Wonderfully photographed and a master class in finishing. Well done sir!

About the swastika, that`s exact the point......:sleepy:

There is only one known picture of this plane, showing the left side. On this pic one can see that the Balkenkreuz has the white framing only above and its seems its was painted in RLM75 (or RLM74?) and not in black.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, mathy said:

On this pic one can see that the Balkenkreuz has the white framing only above and its seems its was painted in RLM75 (or RLM74?) and not in black.

..fabulous looking model!  I'd agree that the fuselage Balkenkreuz has been filled in with RLM 75 (or 74) but the lower white outline is still there... I'd say the spinner was red as well (compare with the 'frame' of the Maltese cross emblem), at least that's how I'm doing mine. 'Jet & Prop' published an article on the 'devil in the clouds' emblem and from what I've seen (my kit hasn't arrived yet) Eduard have done this correctly (yellow-orange coloured sky background to the emblem)

great job!

jetandprop.jpg