Round2 or Polar Lights Retailers

Tomjw

Hi All,

I'd like to buy a few Polar Lights Star Trek kits and aftermarket. I'm struggling to find a UK retailer, but http://round2corp.com (I don't think they are UK based, though) seem to have some if what I need in stock. Please can anyone recommend any reliable retailers or offer any experience of using Round2corp?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Edited by Tomjw
Correct spelling

On 19/11/2017 at 20:18, Madmonk said:

Buying from the States will be expensive, not necessarily the cost of the kits but postage can be a killer.

ebay is also a good source.

The issue is a lot of the kits in the sci-fi genre (the vast majority which orginate from oveseas) by the time they hit these shores they are often double the price from what they can be bought at source for - and in the vast majority of instances many months if not longer behind when the are available elsewhere. When they are imported the numbers tend to be extremely limited, which appears another justification to hike the price. Also, there are a number of kits that simply don't make it here, so there is no option to go down the DiY import route.

If one is savvy there are a whole raft postage options to reduce the cost of postage and doing this way very rarely does one end up paying more than the mainstream importers have them up for sale. Often they are noticably cheaper.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

44 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

If one is savvy there are a whole raft postage options to reduce the cost of postage and doing this way very rarely does one end up paying more than the mainstream importers have them up for sale. Often they are noticably cheaper.

Hi Thomo,

Interesting. What would those postage options be?

Cheers,

Tom

5 hours ago, Tomjw said:

Hi Thomo,

Interesting. What would those postage options be?

Cheers,

Tom

I recently got a load of stuff for a friend and UPS ended up costing a lot less than I thought. Very fast and avoided customs charges which was a bonus. All legal as well according to the driver.

I've used Culttvmans shop recently and also rate them. Beware that a lot of sellers don't have stock and order back-to-back which often causes delays. These are then blamed on slow shippers (but I can check the actual shipping info so I know they tell fibs).

On 21/11/2017 at 6:08 PM, SleeperService said:

I recently got a load of stuff for a friend and UPS ended up costing a lot less than I thought. Very fast and avoided customs charges which was a bonus. All legal as well according to the driver.

I've used Culttvmans shop recently and also rate them. Beware that a lot of sellers don't have stock and order back-to-back which often causes delays. These are then blamed on slow shippers (but I can check the actual shipping info so I know they tell fibs).

Excellent, thanks.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:08, SleeperService said:

Your friendly UPS driver is wrong if you are sending as a gift you would still be liable to pay VAT on anything over the value of £39 and this includes the postage cost.  You might be lucky and get away with it but if it is stopped by HMRC then the recipient has to pay any charges.

To be honest it tends to be hit and miss with HMRC and also how 'honest' the sender is!

On 23/11/2017 at 2:27 PM, whitestar12chris said:

Hi Tom heres a link to a UK stockist

https://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/shop/plastic-model-kits-space-scifi-film-kits-c-27_38.html

Ive personally sourced mine from ebay.

Chris

Excellent, thanks Chris. Very much appreciated.

Tom