Kamov 28 Helix, Hobby Boss 1/48

Martian

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

I hand you lot over to the tender mercies of the Martianess.......................

"Vet bi blowed! We doan't 'old wi' any o' that modurrn dahcturin' rown these parrrts - bit o' stickin' plaaastur and a slug o' aaapul braaandy's orl 'e needs furr a flesh woond! Allus works ahn me owld 'effers." 

(Trans: There's no need for the vet, thank you kindly. Some sticking plaster and a snifter of good spirit should do the trick! My cowman always finds that most efficacious for both man and beast.) 

The Martianess

Wow ! I just say Wow !

I was hesitating Welsh, Irish of Kerry or Appalachians !

But I must say that I've almost understand ! Well Almost !

I heard about Kukri, I've mine at the ready, next to my Ka Bar and my tral from Sheffield !

Perfect Tools of "Fine" surgery :evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Have a nice modelling time and take care !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Well, I think that clears up any confusion.

And now back to our regular modeller.

This week we continue with the fuselage and,

as a special treat, the modeller will answer questions from the audience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry Guys, I should have pointed out that the Martianess is a Dorset girl, hence the strange lingo. I had endless trouble with it when I moved down here.

I have had a slight relapse with the lurgy but have at least managed to get the sonar cable fitted to the winch.

Martian

• Like 2

Thanks chaps. Just got back from sorting out more problems in Oxford and have to go back again tomorrow for a few more days. I can't see me getting in the Martian cave, let alone modelling this side of Boxing Day. Remind me again why you Earthlings insist on celebrating Christmas! Its Christmas on Pluto for The Martianess and myself next year, unless of course someone discovers a planet even further out in the Solar System

Bah Humbug of Mars

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Will Dunoon,Lochgoilhead,Connel or Lismore do you?

They would do nicely if that cottage on Rockall isn't available!

Martian

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

If you're after donations to help you move,

You'll get rockall out of me.

Don't give up the day job, unless of the course the day job is as a stand up comic! :fool:

Martian

• Haha 2

I should have pointed out that the Martianess is a Dorset girl, 

This would explain a lot Martian, all makes sense now. Did you remember to bung a Babel Fish in your ear upon meeting her?

Its Christmas on Pluto for The Martianess and myself next year, unless of course someone discovers a planet even further out in the Solar System

How about Niburu?...it's slightly further out than Rockall....mind you, going by the tin-foil-hat, doomsday 'foreseers' brigade if you hang on a couple of weeks it'll probably be close enough for you to leap aboard, saving yourselves the bus fare.

• Haha 5

It was the only way I could make sense of anything she said!

Niburu sounds like a plan as by next Christmas it should actually be moving away from earth!

Martian

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear tentacled one,

Would'nt it be time to restart the kamov or the Roc ??

Hope that you grew better

take care;

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks Alain. Sadly the rubbish that started over Christmas is still ongoing with no sign of a let up. This has had a big impact on my health both physically and mentally to the extent that I am waiting on extra hospital appointments. Although I have not lost interest in these and my other large projects, I am finding any meaningful concentration next to impossible at the moment. I would rather wait until I feel a bit better than go at things half cock and end up ruining many months, and in the case of the Tracker, years work. I have been fiddling about with a 1/72 Airfix Buccaneer to see if that helps kick start things.

Martian

• Like 2

12 hours ago, perdu said:

we can wait Martian

I could do with seeing the Airfix one coming on too  ;)

I'll put some pictures up, although it won't be anything special. I can reveal however, that the wings are getting folded!

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great to hear that you're still rocking on Martian, in the face of adversity.:thumbsup:

Buccfolding sounds as good an occupational therapy as any, certainly likely to be more efficacious than poking a crystal up each nostril and your earholes full of burning sage, in some New Age travesty.

At least so I'm led to believe by Wolfdong Des, our local shaman / postman.

• Haha 2

So here's a coincidence 

Old Des has gone back to the ould sod to retire/become a postshamen huh

He was always a bit of a weirdo when he used to be the singer in our band Scrapper's Bhoys

Ah we had dreams of the Big Time back then, Wolfdong always thought he'd be pulling the birds and I hoped to make enough dosh to put down the deposit on a Fender Bass I coveted in Jack Woodroffe's

Then Scrapper had that other scrap with PC Dingbatt outside Sparkhill Library

Dreams of dust huh

Give old Des a clip round the lug for me, he owes me a Tizer

Martian's fan club could keep this one near the top, so's he doesn't have to go delving in the basement when he is 'Resume capable'

Edited by perdu
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, perdu said:

Give old Des a clip round the lug for me, he owes me a Tizer

Des owes everyone a TK Red Lemonade round here (which is nearly the same thing) - plus ça change...

He must be the only postpersonage who wears chaps and facepaint out on his morning round. It's like having Roy Wood from Wizard mauling the parcels through your letterbox.

• Like 1