Frog Sea Vixen

Denford

I recently 'rescued' my part built Frog Sea Vixen from my shelf of doom.

I understand it's most obvious fault is the 'too short' forward fuselage.  As I've yet to add the radome (suitably counterweighted) I would hope to correct this by adding a suitable spacer.  Could anyone advise how much this should be and also any corresponding increase in diameter of the rear part of the radome.

Bring on the putty.

Can't remember if it deals with the length as such, but there's some related info in this thread.

Edit, on the first page of that thread is a link to a Frog/Revell Vixen build, and covers exactly what you are after,

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/faa/faa-seavixen.htm

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I find it a pretty good kit for it's time, a little work can bring round great results.  It's certainly  a better canvass to start with than some of the modern offerings.

Indeed, I found it a great build.Minimal filling,sanding and suchlike. I think I extended the fuselage by 4-5 mm,but I couldn't be sure. Didn't seem to make much difference!

It's a good kit really, some of the complex curvature is iffy around the engines but as has been daid different, but no worse than some of the more modern kits> Hopefully Airfix will scale down their superb 48th scale version. That is a fantastic kit!

• Like 1