Watcha

herald

Hi all.  I'm Lucinda. 38 yro mother of a deranged three year old daughter, and wife of a proto train modeller.  I myself was into Airfix as a kid, lost the interest, reignited when I met my husband. Since 2009 i moved onto anime type resin figures (1/6 - 1/9) scale, but these were put away when I was pregnant.

Just rescued a model from the attic this week and looking to start again. Joined up to get tips and advice as i am very rusty, and have the patience of an unexploded bomb these days.

Be kind to me, been a long time since I was on a forum 😇

• Like 2

Welcome to BM Lucinda.

16 hours ago, herald said:

my daughter has inherited her father's Para genes. She destroys everything

For the first decade and a half, one of ours was like that. Like a mangling Midas, everything she touched seemed to fall apart - “it's not myyyy fault” was the usual response. But there is hope for your tiny wrecker. Ours is now learning how to mend things – nearing the end of her medical training.

30 minutes ago, herald said:

Considering mine runs around holding parring knives by the blade whilst laughing like a maniac.... Yeah, her father's daughter. 

Rather than blades, ours had a thing for heights. When she was six she climbed onto the kitchen roof – sat on the edge completely unfazed. Also her fathers daughter (I'm step-dad). There were occasions when she would act like she was auditioning for the 'Exorcist', which was a bit of a concern, until we realised that she reacted very badly to food colourings. She is 25 now and Skittles still send her loopy. :christmas:

• Haha 1