D.H.Canada otter.

stevej60

Hi folk's laying a marker for number six,I've never built this kit so makes sense to add it as an entry,my LMS has just re-introduced their 40% off

Revell kit's this time restricting it to those retailing under £12 so it was around £6 which appealled to the miser in me.Sadly they were out of stock

of the Fury and Gladiator so gone "Armour" for number 7&8!

20171116_112956

It was the content's that suprised me beautiful crisp molding nicely done panel lines and the usual excellent decal's which these Revell re-boxing's

have.

20171116_113102

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 12

Nice choice Steve,....and good luck! I want to build a Norwegian one in the light grey and green scheme but I`m still waiting for some suitable decals to be released,...... that Candian one does look nice though and for £6 you are laughing!

Cheers mate,

Tony 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

This looks really good.  I want one......now,

Honestly if the sprues were put in front of you you wouldn't guess it's origin I assume it was one of MB's last releases.

Yes you got a good price on it. I have two not built. Built one years ago. I can say it needs interior and glass help. Also the prop blades should be feathered when parked. I got to go into this particular aircraft and an airshow in '88. Just a couple of simple things. Oh ya, it does need nose weight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill Bunting said:

Good one Steve. I will watch this build as I have one in the stash and it is my Canuck duyy to build at least one.  Any chance you're for the floats?

Thank's Bill,I'm going with the wheeled version a Canadian military aircraft is sadly lacking in my collection since my EH 101 failed completion!

• Like 2

Hi folk's with the Hurricane finished and Swordfish going well Before calling it a day I cut of the wing's and glued them also built the

base cockpit item's and cleaned up the fuselage halves.

20171120_104152

• Like 3

16 hours ago, stevej60 said:

... the "thing's" that support the wheel and wing strut's.

20171122_112402

Looking good Steve. And those are simply fairings if the stuuctures pass through them to the fuselage which I believe is the case on the real 'Twotter'. If they are the anchor point for struts and gear like a Noordyun Norseman they are called 'sponsons'. 

But the way the model is constructed they are sponsons not fairings...   But 'things' works!

Cheers

Edited by Bill Bunting
  • Like 3

Hi folk's,not forgotten this one,I'm not used to building many kits with windows so my approach is unusual,I'm brush painting this one old

style not sure the Humbrol yellow is not a bit lemon in shade I'll see how the next coat look's.

20171201_115433

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's we're moving again with this one.I replaced the windows with clear plastic strips from some packaging so only the windshield will

be original,I also got a deeper Humbroll yellow for the final coat,now I'm here in the build I should be at the primer stage by the end of the week.

20171212_201624

• Like 2