This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Comfortably numb.....

..... after last night!!  Me and SWMBO went to Dorking  to see 'Think Floyd' .. tribute to the great Pink Floyd!!  Gig ran from 20.00 to 23,00. They played a track or more from every 'Floyd album with extras for the encore. It was greatto hear the music live many years after seeing the real Pink Floyd at Earls Court in 1994!  The band last night performed really well and I got so immersed in to the music that I forgot I was watching and listening to a tribute band!  A great gig ....

I looove Pink Floyd! Although I must admit to being a little OCD as regards to music. If I love a song I hate to hear a single note out of place, so live music can sometimes be a bit of an ordeal. Having said that, I have the 'Wall' CD and the live version, 'Is there anybody out there?', and I prefer the live version.

Im a huge fan of The Pink Floyd sound or commonly known as Pink Floyd. I love all of it but really like the Syd Barrett years. I saw the Floyd in Chicago in July of ‘94. Then David Gilmour in ‘06 and ‘15. Roger waters in ‘07 and 2010. Ive got the whole collection as well minus a couple of soundtrack albums. So I guess im a bit OCD when it comes to the Pink Floyd. @Gorby i agree the live version does sound better i have both of those CD’s. I prefer the live version of Money from pulse over the recorded version as well. Great to know im not the only Floyd nut on here. 

I spent a couple of years at uni in the early 70s before I worked out that academia & I weren't meant for each other, The 1st year I was in a uni hostel, where the guy next door to me was a Pink Floyd nutter. I was totally conditioned by the end of the year. The La Vallee sound track was some of my favourite music but also Dark Side of the Moon & of course The Wall. The Wall was my pre tour albums when I drove through Europe in the early 80s. It filled in the gap between our base in Holland & Calais where we picked up the punters just nicely. Paul's gig sounds like one I could really have enjoyed. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Likewise good to see there are 'Floyd fans here. I saw them 3 times during the 70's at Empire Pool, Wembley ( as it was back then). The last time was in October 1994 at Earls Court.  Its hard for me to have real favourites as I love all of it. Wish You were here ands  Animals are two and Momentary lapse of Reason come to mind.

Still have the tickets for them all . A couple import singles are in my collection, Point me at the Sky being one of them. 

It's been a staple of whatever music player has been in my rucksack for the past 28 years.  From listening to the Division Bell whilst laying in a hammock in the Belizean Rainforest watching the stars through gaps in the canopy, shine on your crazy diamond whilst chasing thermals under a paraglider in the Alps to listening to The Wall whilst waiting to go past the start line on Op Telic they have been a soundtrack to some epic life moments.