Meng Soviet T-10M

Finished!.......Already! Wow! You certainly don’t mess about! And what a cracking result! Your paintwork and finish are very impressive. Very well done! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix

I took it slow on this one I thought.  Got the housework all caught up, boss still not home so thought I'd finish this off.

Nothing in the stash now so a bit bored today.  Still waiting on the 1/16 Jagdtiger, maybe someday.

Kind of looking at this

http://www.amps-armor.org/SiteReviews/ShowReview.aspx?ID=3471&Type=FL

Not thrilled about the tracks, look like more link and pin a la Model Kasten and not a lot of fun.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Wow !, soon you finished it, I would still be thinking about the green thinking that I'm going to put ... lol.
I think I read a long time ago, that this model had the NATO allies worried about their impressive appearance and presumable power, when they saw it in the annual parade that took place in the Soviet Union ...

Very clean the finish, :goodjob:

Cheers Lloyd :cold:

Very nice job well done are you sure you did all the dusting because if your boss is anything like mine she will go round with white glove on checking it's all gone .😆🖒

Thanks Homer

She's not coming now until tomorrow or Saturday so I'll have time for another once over.  Yes the dust checking really gets me.

We have freezing rain here today and she's about 700 kms away so not chancing the highways today, that's good.

Thanks Francis

Yes these were pretty intimidating when they first appeared but they never got to do anything in their 30+ year lifespan. By the time they retired in 1993 they

weren't much competition for an Abrams, a Leopard or a Challenger II.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Pat

I usually make my stuff pretty dirty so this was a change with a lot of dry brushing instead of washing.  Turned out ok though but maybe just a little too clean

like they just washed it to impress the allies across the wall.

Lloyd

I tried to give it a more dusty faded paint look without making it any dirtier.  Not entirely successful but think I'll quit while still ahead.

There's 3 different greens on this but it all seems to show as basically one color.  Maybe the  smoke canisters are a little different but that's about all.

Sort of a wasted effort but don't know without trying.

yObEUfG.jpgrLPxPBK.jpgMs8YzpZ.jpgF9zxH7h.jpgT1vGBLr.jpgG3i8ZJf.jpg

• Thanks 1

looking good. Some more fading is visible, especially on the turret sides and the details on the back deck now pop. Were those pictures taken in natural daylight? If not then try this maybe. You could also apply a tan filter or maybe even a dark brown to enrich it a bit, if you are not happy with the current state. The fading should still be visible then. Abtl 502 industrial earth is a great tone and it might work well with dark greens. But it has to be thinned alot to not be too harsh.

Again, I have to say the detail looks amazing and very clearly build and presented. Now I also realize the details in the machine gun, is that a Russian .50 cal equivalent?

Edited by Soeren

Thanks Julian

Thanks Soeren

I think I'll leave it as is now but thanks for the suggestions. 

I believe that's a 14.5mm machine gun which is even bigger than a .50 cal.  It also had a 122mm main gun which was the largest in the world at that time.

The Soviet were obsessed with gun size and also had the thickest armor of any tank, equivalent to 320mm on the glacis so it was a very menacing beast.  Never actually did anything or

involved in any conflict but by far the most powerful tank in the world in the 1950's and early 1960's.  Interesting reading up on this stuff.

Take care,

Lloyd

Rare model and good work Lloyd. One thing for the next time. You can see that decals are silvering. Best way for the big size as thise numbers is to cut them separately and remove as much clear film as possible.