Monogram North American X-15A-2

Hello mates,

that´s my 1:72 model, built in 2001. It came in the big astronauts box with the NB-52, which i have still to make (shame on me). Except more details, it is quite OOB. Stencils are Verlinden.

The faster, the hotter for a oldie speedfreak like me. This is the ultimate hot :poop:! A classic Oldtimer, that made 4.520 mph!!!!!

I hope you like it.

Cheers!

x15_0425x15_04x25x15_04x2x5x15_042yc5

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

I love it!  I'm really impressed with the way you have varied the paintwork. I can hardly believe it's 1/72nd scale.  Terrific photography too.  I really like your Nevada set up.  I hope you will post some pictures with the B-52 when you finish it.   

• Thanks 1

Another brilliant build!!

FWIW, Jeff Thomsen of Santa Barbara CA and former Northwest/ Delta 747 pilot, built the Monogram NB-52 with a captive X-15 and it looked brilliant!

Then there was his XB-70 but that's another story...

-d-

• Thanks 1

Thank you mates!

Yes, the X-15 is by no means monochrome, the longer in the museum, the clearer the contrast: looking at the newest pictures after moving to the refreshed hangar.

I am proud that you like my X-planes. I wanted to make/show all x-es flown by Scott Crossfield and Frank (Pete) Everest, my favourite pilots (and engineers).

I saw this over on Scalemates, and the comments I made over there still apply! This is a beautiful rendition, and I particularly like the modulation you've done in the black finish. Excellent workmanship. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1