1/72 B-24J 15th AAF in NMF decals: do they exist?

Michael51

Having searched high and low and here and there, I am yet to  find a set of decals for the above described type of machine.

Should anyone know of a source that I have missed, would you please advise?

They had some striking identification schemes; chequered patterns, circles and triangles that look more like runes than anything else (to my uneducated mind) and I would like to replicate them for a current Hasegawa B-24J build in Natural metal finish. I have seen some OD equivalents but alas, no NMF.

Michael

Edited by Michael Enright

A couple of PMs confirm that no-one has seen such decals.

It would be nice if the MTO in particular received more attention from decal manufacturers.

I suspect they see it as a small market, which is fair enough.

Still, for B-24Js, of which there were many............

Michael

I did a search on the "Big H" site and found some very interesting B-24 sheets from Lifelike.  This one looks like it has a 15th Air Force B-24.   https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/LL72031    Also this one.   https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/LL72030

It appears that Likelike has multiple B-24 sheets that have aircraft from the 5th, 7th Air Force, (Pacific theater) as well as 10th, 14th Air Force (China, Burma, India) as well as 8th and 15th Air Forces.   It's nice to see some aircraft from less known theaters of the war.

• Like 2

Thank you for the helpful post.

I did spot these but decided against them: the first sheet has an NMF B-24L and I baulked at the idea of putting a horizontal window in the nose. The one on the second sheet is OD.

Michael

Kagero I think have a decal book on USAAF B-25s  based on Corsica in various scales on one sheet.

Edited by T-21
Space

7 hours ago, gingerbob said:

If they're the ESCI decals that looked old when I was a kid (don't ask!) then you may have some difficulty actually using them.  But hopefully it'll work out!

Of course, you are right.

I have used the Esci oldies for other kits and know what you mean.

I find most application problems can be resolved with a brush-over of Mr Mark-Softer. I have tried the Micro Set / Sol approach with disastrous outcomes. It must be me, as I have not heard others complain. For starters, the directions on both bottles read very similar. As an Arts graduate, I find this confusing. Actually most things confuse me.

Michael

1 hour ago, T-21 said:

Kagero I think have a decal book on USAAF B-25s  based on Corsica in various scales on one sheet.

Thank you for your post.

I have ordered these recently from Hannants for a simultaneous B-25 Build.

Michael