AZ Model Morane 'WR'...or is it...?

Some more...

I have attached the rear float.  The added struts are Evergreen, per the instructions OOB.  I have also overpainted the white sections where the "S" wold have gone since I have decided to go back to the OOB Swedish markings.  The main float attachment thingys are also on there now...Evergreen again...

I am almost ready to add the decals.  I think that'll be today.  I can hear my Matchbox Gladiator gunning its motor in the background.  I am eager to have this one finished and in the gallery...^_^

38860140132_5745af98c4_z_d.jpg

38860139732_23fe3ca813_z_d.jpg

38860139362_9144251fd0_z_d.jpg

--JDCM

• Like 4

Almost there...I have decaled the bird and applied a light oil-wash for some weathering of the pale linen.  Btw...these decals are dermatologically thin...just a few seconds in the water and they were ready to slide off.  I had to gently brush them on to remove any wrinkles.  I used some setting fluids, but I think they may have not been necessary.  As you see, it is the Swedish Thulin, OOB.

I have finished painting the rear float and its attachments, and it's little brass rudder...some other touch-ups too.  I also brushed a light dry brass tone on the cowling.

Today is a blustery cool day here on the island...a perfect day to rig this little craft.  I will also build the beaching trolley from the spares box...the trolley from the Eastern Express Hansa-Brandenburg will do.

38066113945_3f09ee1a08_z_d.jpg

27175458489_a72e4ae8f3_z_d.jpg

27175456829_ff30727a20_z_d.jpg

--John

• Like 3

Whichever way I look at that Mr. Clift that delicacy looks dead lush.

If I say that I can almost smell how good it is I mean that you've convinced me it's a material that it's not and I can smell the wood and fabric from here.

Really, that is just such a fine exhibit.

:clap:

Tony

Hi John

Wonderul result. I really like the wood effect, so need a bit of coaching from you on how to achieve the desired effect.

Also VERY envious  :sorry: of the display cabinet, was this bought of something you built / had built  ?

cheers Pat

No need to be sorry Pat.  Greece is so dusty (at least where I am) that I had to enclose the builds or else they would have a layer of dust over all of them too thick to imagine.

I am very lucky to have this cabinet...actually I have two.  I had them built for me by a local cabinet maker here on the island.   

I made rough sketches and showed them to the cabinet maker, et voila!  I had one built then did the 'stash math' and realized I'd need another!  Now I am contemplating a third because I fear I will need it for the Heyford...wingspan and all that.  Did I just say that?  Oy veh...

My "wood" technique is easy and not something I invented.  First a light tannish coat--let dry.  Then I use an ear-bud to wipe on some darker brownish tint (rub it in well) and then maybe wipe that down with my finger.  You don't want it too dark or thick.  The 'wiping' process actually creates some grain.  At 1/72nd a tonal shift is more accurate than grain.  I let that dry completely.  Then I either use Tamiya clear yellow or clear orange, or a mix, over the top.  For an Albatros DIII, for example, a very light brown undercoat and the yellow over all--very sprucey.  The Tamiya clear also lends a slightly varnished effect, which is important.  

I think I learned this from someone on The Aerodrome when they still had a modelling thread.  

Thank you so much for the compliments!  

--John

• Thanks 1