Telford announcements

Ranger626

Were there any new announcements at Scale Model World?   I've followed the discussion about the lack of new announcements from Airfix and seen a bit more information about previously announced upcoming kits, but nothing really new.   Did any of the smaller aftermarket producers announce new items?  Did the Revell 1/48 Beaufighter break cover?

I did note on the Revell stand the 1/72 Hunter release will be the FGA9 version, and as part of the RAF 100 years series will be RRP of £19.99.  I am guessing there will be a bit of celabration stuff but seems a bit hot for me.

Back to E-Bay.....

Twenty notes for the Hunter?  They can had away and...  Second hand examples at their priciest weren't that high!  Thankfully I have quite a few salted away.

• Like 1

£20 for the Hunter, and its a repop - as nice as it is- that's rather naughty - 'ere Dieter, look att vot zee crazee Engleesh are paying on ze Ebay for ze Unter' 'Ach Brexit! Zay vill pay ONE MILLION EURO ' cue Bond Baddie laughing. Exeunt stage left to Volcano etc.

Note, this is not verbatim from Revell HQ. I understand it is based in an abandoned engineering works in Dortmund. With a monorail. And men in shiny suits. Probably. Not a Volcano. Or a desert island. 

Cutscene to Hasegawa HQ in Japan....! The Neptune- again? Spin the pricing wheel!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

I had a couple of announcements but no room on the table to display them. Had samples of a new What-If kit of the Supermarine 327 twin engine Spitfire replacement in 1/72 arrive from CMR, along with re-issue of the ex-Heritage Westland Merlin HC.3/3A improvement set that I got from Alley Cat for my Rotor Craft range. Both due out as soon as instructions are ready.

Colin

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

I did note on the Revell stand the 1/72 Hunter release will be the FGA9 version, and as part of the RAF 100 years series will be RRP of £19.99.  I am guessing there will be a bit of celabration stuff but seems a bit hot for me.

Back to E-Bay.....

Ulp! :o

The Dora wings Gee Bee R.2 was on the KarayaII stand and I have one.  I'm sure that I saw the Miko Mir Argosy boxes on some stands. The HpH B.36 was jaw dropping, as I think would be the reaction of most wives if one turned up at home with one.

The Airfix 1/72 Wellington and 1/48 Blenheim test pieces looked superb.  I was told that as these had been delayed, then any new announcements would be on hold.

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Little of Combat Kits has taken over the Magna range, and will be revising the re-issuing items that have not been superseded by better injection kits over the coming months. First ones that were on sale at the show were the Lancastrian and Halton conversions, and the Twin Pioneer complete kit. This has been completely reworked with greatly improved surface detail and clear resin replacing the vacform canopies. Resin used for the main parts is to a much higher standard and appropriate metal parts are now being professionally cast. Next up will be the single engine Pioneer, master rework is being done by three respected UK pattern makers, the reworked range will be available through the Freightdog website soon.

Colin 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

I had a couple of announcements but no room on the table to display them. Had samples of a new What-If kit of the Supermarine 327 twin engine Spitfire replacement in 1/72 arrive from CMR, along with re-issue of the ex-Heritage Westland Merlin HC.3/3A improvement set that I got from Alley Cat for my Rotor Craft range. Both due out as soon as instructions are ready.

Colin

Do you know if the Avenger ECM.6 conversion kit will make a welcome return?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Dave Little of Combat Kits has taken over the Magna range, and will be revising the re-issuing items that have not been superseded by better injection kits over the coming months. First ones that were on sale at the show were the Lancastrian and Halton conversions, and the Twin Pioneer complete kit. This has been completely reworked with greatly improved surface detail and clear resin replacing the vacform canopies. Resin used for the main parts is to a much higher standard and appropriate metal parts are now being professionally cast. Next up will be the single engine Pioneer, master rework is being done by three respected UK pattern makers, the reworked range will be available through the Freightdog website soon.

Intriguing news.  Looking forward to seeing what they make of the Spearfish, Sturgeon and Barracuda TR.5.  And the Martinet.  And the Henley.

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bradleygolding said:

Could be an April Fools then? Hope it's a 1/24 Camel though!

Steve

Changed my mind about a 24th Camel ...the appearance of new Typhoon artwork in the calender suggests an "alpha and omega " box set for the RAFs hundredth is a sitter ....48th or 72nd maybe ?

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Airfix Modelworld Calendar

TBH I'm not holding out a great deal of hope - the fact the Camel is a 2F1 makes me think that we may see a set with the old 1/72 Camel, a Spitfire and the 'old' Eurofighter Typhoon

If that's all they have to offer, no wonder they are keeping quiet about it. Really hope it's better than that.

Steve