A Spitfire – what else…

BIG X

7 hours ago, Oldone said:

Looks good, Its nice to see your spitfire all finished. Im sure if Sergeant Bernard 'Jimmy' Jennings Could see it he would love it, You have done it proud for him.

He lived to a good old age too - which sadly many didn't.  That's why I always try to research the pilots where I can - brave men and worthy of our utmost respect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badger said:

Gladiator for sure!!

I've never done a Biplane - I did get as far as opening the box of an AMODEL 1/48 Gypsy Moth - but it scared the life out of me.  The shame is - I bought four of them...

The Gladiator looks the business and I have decals for a BoB one as well as some resin guns and exhausts.

It would be 'wheels down' though - obviously :doh:

...but I also have a halftrack to finish - managed a bit this evening too :D

3 hours ago, cocky05d said:

Very nice ,you mentioned losing small parts ,you could try £stretchers .They do 5 little plastic boxes for under a £1 .

And the other pound shops do bigger boxes as well.

The trouble is if I bought some small boxes - I'd probably end up losing the boxes :lol: :lol: :lol: - ouch all this laughing is making my ribs ache...

Great idea though - thanks Cocky :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:23, Learstang said:

Very nice job! It is a nice little kit, isn't it? I have two on the build right now. Yours looks properly weathered without looking overused.

Regards,

Jason

It really is a brilliant kit Jason and I might well be off to Aldi last thing tonight to see if I can grab a few more on their offer...

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 02:53, Cookenbacher said:

Well done, and well displayed Steve - and a great WIP too.

Thank you - glad you enjoyed the WIP...

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 03:39, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great work BIG X 👍 ... Great build too thanks for letting me tag along.

Thanks for tagging along Dennis - always good to have your company on a build...

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:04, F-32 said:

Looks good to me - nice one!

Nice one - but maybe a nice three later - fingers crossed my Aldi has a few in...

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:33, Vinnie said:

That turned out really well.:thumbsup2: I also enjoyed the WIP.

Thanks Vinnie - I think WIP's are my favourite part of the forum...

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:56, invidia said:

Great looking build 

:blush: ...thanks...

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:54, Lawzer said:

Sooooooperb!

as others have said a great wip too - picked up some great tips following this build.

imho i don't think the panel lines look overdone.  

To my eyes this looks more like 1/48.

great job mate! 👍

I am really pleased if anyone picked up a tip from little old me - I'm still a newbie and blind as a bat too :lol:

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 02:28, ArtickWarspite said:

Great work! Keep it up!!

I will...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:53, Bedders said:

Very nice indeed. That matt varnish seems to have done a lovely job. Really like the in-flight pose and the very tidy mounting for the pole.

Justin

The Winsor and Newton is definitely a winner for me...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:21, stevej60 said:

It's a Spitfire what's not to like? A cracking build of Airfix's little Spitfire!

So true Steve - I always admire yours - loving the harrier too...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:03, badger said:

Spiffing good show chap!!

:pilot:

Tally Ho

All the best

BEn

Thanks for all the support - I need it at times...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:28, Buzby061 said:

Looks pretty good from where I'm sat (cheap seats at the back). No obvious join lines, well painted & weathered.

Pete

Cheers Pete - it does look best from those seats at the back :D

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:40, Oldone said:

Looks good, Its nice to see your spitfire all finished. Im sure if Sergeant Bernard 'Jimmy' Jennings Could see it he would love it, You have done it proud for him.

Those guys were truly incredible - easy to forget when we are busy 'making toy planes' - respect...

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:11, johnd said:

109 or Gladiator. Not sure I'd call the Hurricane 'fun'. Assuming you mean the 1/72 fabric winged one.

John.

I'm biting the bullet and going for the Hurricane I think - it's  the Airix one with the yellow nose on the box - is that fabric winged???

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:23, djos said:

As Spitfire is my favorite plane....can not be objective fully :)

You done a great job on this small jewel, and give to us many good points to take care during future builds, thanks for that.

Only what i will do different is ....not use dark wash for lower panel lines, as they are already very deep, i will use little darker basic color. Everything else...i will try to copy :)

Again, great build

Best regards Djordje

I will try to be more restrained next time - I promise :blush:

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:49, cocky05d said:

Very nice ,you mentioned losing small parts ,you could try £stretchers .They do 5 little plastic boxes for under a £1 .

And the other pound shops do bigger boxes as well.

You'll be pleased to know I invested in some small boxes :D

Thanks EVERYONE and hope to see you all in Aldi either furtively tonight on certainly tomorrow ;)

Ssteve

• Like 2

You'd think so, wouldn't you (though Airfix is quite exotic here in Revell country)? I've not seen Revell stocked either, though I must confess I don't look regularly. One discounter chain got well and truly burned with plastic modelling when stocking some Zhengdefu kits about a dozen or so years back. Appalling things...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BIG X said:

It really is a brilliant kit Jason and I might well be off to Aldi last thing tonight to see if I can grab a few more on their offer...

Thank you - glad you enjoyed the WIP...

Thanks for tagging along Dennis - always good to have your company on a build...

Nice one - but maybe a nice three later - fingers crossed my Aldi has a few in...

Thanks Vinnie - I think WIP's are my favourite part of the forum...

:blush: ...thanks...

I am really pleased if anyone picked up a tip from little old me - I'm still a newbie and blind as a bat too :lol:

I will...

The Winsor and Newton is definitely a winner for me...

So true Steve - I always admire yours - loving the harrier too...

Thanks for all the support - I need it at times...

Cheers Pete - it does look best from those seats at the back :D

Those guys were truly incredible - easy to forget when we are busy 'making toy planes' - respect...

I'm biting the bullet and going for the Hurricane I think - it's  the Airix one with the yellow nose on the box - is that fabric winged???

I will try to be more restrained next time - I promise :blush:

You'll be pleased to know I invested in some small boxes :D

Thanks EVERYONE and hope to see you all in Aldi either furtively tonight on certainly tomorrow ;)

Ssteve

Has Aldi started stocking Airfix for Christmas  already?  I know you lot on here ,i knew you would not let me know ,want them all for yourself .

For shame ;)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cocky05d said:

Has Aldi started stocking Airfix for Christmas  already?  I know you lot on here ,i knew you would not let me know ,want them all for yourself .

For shame ;)

Hey Cocky - check it out - Sunday deal...

10 minutes ago, cocky05d said:

Hi ,went out and bought 2 spits ,2 Bf109s and Jet Provost .

I had to push a little kid out of the way who was reaching for the Jet Provost ,that will teach him .

Just joking about the pushing .

...are you sure :boxing: