1/72 AZ Spitfire Tr.9 Dutch Air Force

I've now finished my AZ Spitfire trainer type.   It's been built OOB and painted with Tamiya acrylics.  I've really enjoyed building It though some of the short run nature of the kit was challenging.  I bought it earlier this year from a model shop in the Czech Republic that had the last two for sale in the world or at least on the web.  The only alternative would have been the CMR resin version, which is way more expensive and maybe even harder to build! 

My kit was the Dutch boxing which I chose as I loved the look of how SM250 was restored and converted to look like H99 until Boultbee took it down to Goodwood and put it in wartime markings.  Needless to say AZ recently reissued the kit with the same Dutch markings as well as Irish Air Corps and a civilian target option.  The kit could also be built as the Tr.8 as the parts are in the kit, though you would need to find the right decals (AZ did do a boxing with three of the Tr.8's civilian colour schemes if you can find it).

Anyway here's some views of the completed aircraft.

38314020716_1610db4fb5_b.jpg

24498213528_82dc2e37e1_b.jpg

38314020686_41d1ca71ef_b.jpg

It was built alongside an Airfix PR19.  Here's the RFI thread

I have AZ's Russian 2-seater to build as well, and a plan to kitbash a Grace type too.  For some reason l find the unusual Spitfires like clippies and bubbles more attractive.

Cheers 

Will

• Like 16