Yorkshire Wartime Experience

fatfingers

How do chaps.

Back in July me and Mrs fatfingers went to the Yorkshire Wartime Experience near Bradford. Hundreds of military vehicles of all sorts and era's were present along with hundreds of re-enactors covering WW1. WW2 and the more modern conflicts. Loads of vehicles running in the arena and we had a ride in the turret of a Scorpion light tank which was the best £24.00 I've ever spent!!! Was also a fly past of a Spitfire (not sure of which type but it was shiny!) I spent quite sometime speaking with a WW2 German re-enactor. Handled an MG42 and also a Soviet SVT rifle, which was huge! The day ended with a battle between the Allies and the Germans (who lost incidentally but they take it in turns to win and lose apparently) My brother lives near Birstall and said that he could hear the explosions and gun fire!! We had a fantastic day out and came home thick with dust and stinking of Diesel fumes! Even Mrs fatfingers said that she really enjoyed it. Looking forward to next years show. Below in no particular order are a selection of the pics that I took during the course of the day.

HTiu4Ag.jpg

fEXuAor.jpg

WuzIpOa.jpg

iiZusJo.jpg

XWhK6qP.jpg

IXix2uV.jpg

xxc3UjA.jpg

Ul2Ppfa.jpg

7kt5ERF.jpg

HUlVQgp.jpg

kmqBhFk.jpg

XXrfuXJ.jpg

EaYXHNY.jpg

YtUAZaQ.jpg

kk53Fxn.jpg

YG72oZB.jpg

cqjnV2D.jpg

aS5r2qr.jpg

cxMaRJN.jpg

kRDB8rl.jpg

mxxQ2b9.jpg

PUYd1CL.jpg

PVqTm1e.jpg

FlP4S5l.jpg

0j1Iwcv.jpg

XxLJGpa.jpg

2waYzS7.jpg

ojsUez4.jpg

qy1uq7z.jpg

• Like 5

Looks very good, even though tanks are not my thing, might give it a whorl next year as running AFVs are always impressive to see. The Spitfire was the BBMF's PR19. It flew over Rothwell, I think on the day (remember seeing it sometime around that time). I understand you have met Ellie. 

16 minutes ago, Martin T said:

Looks very good, even though tanks are not my thing, might give it a whorl next year as running AFVs are always impressive to see. The Spitfire was the BBMF's PR19. It flew over Rothwell, I think on the day (remember seeing it sometime around that time). I understand you have met Ellie. 

Its a great day out. Yes had a chat with Ellie the other day and asked her to pass on my regards to you  and Alison. 

Regards

Steve

Edited by fatfingers