First one for a while.

fatfingers

How do chaps.

Not really done much modelling recently due to other stuff and a total loss of modelling mojo :huh: Managed to finish a couple of Games Workshop kits and then made a start on this little beauty from Tamiya. No build pics so I though I'd show a couple with the basic OD base coat.

naXeBQZ.jpg

The stowage is a mix of Value Gear and Tamiya.

lLrO3kq.jpg

I intend to build it fairly 'clean' without too much weathering. More pics as things progress.

Kind regards,

Steve

• Like 5

Hi Steve. Hope you are well. Good to see you back with an AFV build and looking very tidy so far. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the painting and finish. :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Steve,

Tidy build.

Did you use a primer? I ask because the lower hull looks to be a different colour?

Rearguards,

Badder

Aye up Badder,

I primed with Tamiya Nato Black then put down the olive drab (old Tamiya XF62) The tracks and lower hull were then misted with Tamiya Buff and Dark Earth so I have a Base for the weathering 👍

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comments chaps :yes:

Last weekend started on the tracks and stowage. The track connectors were painted with Vallejo rust to give a base for the weathering to come. The stowage and tools have been painted with various shades of Vallejo greens and browns and then given a wash of Games Workshop Agrax Earth Shade.

uWqU03p.jpg

hLd5sVF.jpg

zLTkiZo.jpg

xfs6MHS.jpg

ZX0JYAp.jpg

Apologies again for the wobbly pictures. I really should take more time when photographing!

Next up will be a gloss coat for the decals and then more weathering.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

How do chaps.

Been beavering away on this as time has allowed.

Tracks were given the wash and pigment treatment. Have to say that I'm overly happy with the end result but I'll stick with it for now.... :wonder:

BP2jL7Q.jpg

Glossed up ready for the decals.

MVH3qfP.jpg

For the marking option I went for the rear of the turret has a number 4 on it. But me being me didn't plan ahead for this when I stuck the stowage on the back of it. I had to cut the decal so it would go on. I also forgot to add the markings to the front of the lower hull before this was weathered too! :think:

wXFGQej.jpg

Decals on rear of hull.

5Um4D5a.jpg

And on the turret top.

ysC5O4z.jpg

Another coat of gloss was then sprayed on and when this was dry I started to add more weathering to the model. This was mainly washes to the tracks and lower hull. I sat and thought for a while and decided that I was going to do a bit of dry brushing to lift the colour up a bit. This was done with Vallejo dark Earth and then Vallejo Desert Sand.

YLvgkJy.jpg

The track pads were picked out in Tamiya Rubber and then a blast of very thin Tamiya Buff followed to tie it all together. The tools and machine guns were also given a rub with some pencil lead.

c8bQ2u8.jpg

607Moxc.jpg

iSziaGp.jpg

Still need to do some more work on the tracks and also matt it all down.

More as things progress.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 3