PK-7 Westland Lysander

rafalbert

Ok, I have absolutely no willpower and have decided to start on this even though I have a ridiculous amount on the go already. The obligatory box shot is below, and I will be building it straight from the box. This is the later "black box" release (from Revell I believe), and it occurs to me that all of my GB builds this year have been reissues (China, Revell etc.); not one has been a classic release. The shame.....

IMG_20171109_095225

• Like 15

I will be definitely follow this built.  Pity that you won't built it  in colors of 309 (Polish) squadron.  But I'm a maniac and I cannot help it. :D

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 1

I’ve built a couple of these many years ago and loved them. No major headaches anywhere in the build. As it’s an early release the Somme Trencher hadn’t arrived yet. I have a built one in deep storage.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

I have made a start on the cockpit, pictures to follow. It is quite rudimentary, so I will add a control column (a stick with a hoop most likely) and a black instrument panel to give it something. Alas no Franz, as I will be using the kit decals, but my Wellington will be the 300 Sqn version :D

• Like 3

Pic as promised, still a long way to go. Since my masking skills are rubbish, I will paint the fuselage, wings etc. separately before assembling everything through the canopy at the end.

IMG_20171122_163045

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Lizzie is on her feet. Before I attach the bomb carrying winglets, does anyone know the correct colour of the bombs? I have seen them in black, blue, yellow and green, so am thoroughly confused!

IMG_20171201_141959

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

....and finished. I couldn't get the rear of the canopy to sit flush against the fuselage which is annoying, and again the old Matchbox decals would not settle down with Microscale's finest products so tgere is a lot of silvering (and the upper wing roundels are out of register). I have rushed it a little in order to finish before Christmas, but it was good fun and looks like a Lizzie. Thanks for all your comments before guys!

24341968767_907c1c53bf_k.jpgIMG_20171221_202843 by David Hall

39175681852_cda60c48a6_k.jpgIMG_20171221_202833 by David Hall

38495745014_0287dc1891_k.jpgIMG_20171221_202827 by David Hall

25394267608_e63db2d78f_k.jpgIMG_20171224_132848 by David Hall

39175681912_48dd926f06_k.jpgIMG_20171221_202820 by David Hall

I know I am not the only one having issues with embedding flickr pics recently, so if anyone could tell me how I would appreciate it!

Woohoo! Finally sorted out the pics! Now looking on here I can see how rough the edges are, some touching up is required I feel!

Edited by rafalbert
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, rafalbert said:

Thanks 06/24, I still can't figure it out from my mobile, though it does seem bizarre you can display my photos but I can't! Something is definitely being awkward!

It is easier through the web on a PC. Just a quick copy and paste of the embed bbcode.

1 hour ago, rafalbert said:

Thanks 06/24, I still can't figure it out from my mobile, though it does seem bizarre you can display my photos but I can't! Something is definitely being awkward!

Is your mobile an iPhone? Flickr doesn't officially support IOS but I seem to manage - I posted the photo using a very elderly iPad - just using the bbcode as normal

Your Lysander looks great!

One small point, though. I know I'm a bit pedantic on this subject, but the central gear casings of the engine should be painted black. Actually, a semi-gloss black.

Chris

• Like 1