IL-76 CANDID Transport Aeroflot Trumpeter 1:144

Hello,

After Ruslan

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235026555-antonov-an-124-ruslan-aeroflot-revell-1144/#

I have finished another Aeroflot "Heavy Lift" It is IL-76 from Trumper. Kit was much more difficult to build as Revell Ruslan and it has no interior. So If you think about IL-76 buy fantastic new Zvezda.

Airbrushed wit Revell enamels and aqua.

hpd16UU.jpg

IerraXk.jpg

GpClJ1k.jpg

S2z6Llv.jpg

e44mr7y.jpg

• Like 26

Not to bad looking. I struggled with mine several years ago with all of the removal of plastic at the rear end and finished in Iraqi Airlines markings from Two Six Decals.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Not to bad looking. I struggled with mine several years ago with all of the removal of plastic at the rear end and finished in Iraqi Airlines markings from Two Six Decals.

Thank you, yet that cuting of the end and replacing with 3 parts of cargo doors was in my opinion waste of time. Nextime I will leave it like is provided in the kit (as the shape is the same) I will just scribe the cargo door on it.

Very impressive work Martin. Like Alpha Delta says, the difficulties you had aren’t apparent. What was the problem? Was it poor fit or something else? I ask because I have the Trumpeter kit in my stash. I haven’t built a Russian aircraft for some time and seeing your excellent model is tempting me to start work on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skodadriver said:

Very impressive work Martin. Like Alpha Delta says, the difficulties you had aren’t apparent. What was the problem? Was it poor fit or something else? I ask because I have the Trumpeter kit in my stash. I haven’t built a Russian aircraft for some time and seeing your excellent model is tempting me to start work on it.

Thank you Dave,

Trumpeter kit is not disaster :) Fit is OK. Summary of weak points:
-  I found canopy framing too thick so I have sanded it down and masked with my own mask. (I think now the decal is also available)
- Engine pylons are too short (they do not touch pylons on the wings) so it needs piece of plastic card and filler
- I have sanded engines intakes to bigger ones (regarding pictures) as in the kit looks too small+ I have added on each engine "yellow dots" from my daughter toys :) as this is very tiny (almost not visible in the kit) and on the real planes are quite big-very visible on the pictures of the real planes..
- DO NOT cut back section as shown in instruction- to put 3 parts instead cut area is waste of time (it has horrible fit)- just scribe the cargo doors on the kit-much easier and nicer in my opinion.
Hope it is clear from my english :)..if not send me please PM and I will add some pictures :) what were problematic sections, but overall is nice kit and in your hands will be beauty..I am sure.

Edited by MartinSK
grammar mistakes
  • Like 2

Like others have said Martin, that is lovely and shows no sign of a struggle. Makes me glad that I have the Zvezda one in the stash, reading about the fight yours put up!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

A great build.

having this  kit in my stash along with the new Zvezda Version,I will take notice on your explanations for my Trumpeter build.

Top work all around.The IL-76 is a very impressive aircraft.

• Like 1