Matchbox GB II - Build List ** now with interactive LINKS **

Rabbit Leader

On 14 December 2017 at 8:25 AM, theplasticsurgeon said:

You've overlooked my Jaguar build  -  and it's almost finished

Sincere apologies for the oversight.

I have amended the first post and will do a full update when I get back to normal internet civilisation when I return home from holidays in a day or two. 

Cheers.. (Jag's looking good by the way).. Dave 

Build list edited

** APOLOGIES FOR DELAYS WITH UPDATES - PLEASE CHECK IF YOUR BUILD HAS BEEN ACCURATLEY RECORDED **

New build

PK-8 - Gloster Gladiator - John D.C. Masters

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest II/VI - stevehnz

PK-102 - BAC Jaguar S - theplasticsurgeon  

PK-103 - Bristol Beaufighter - masterqq

PK-125 - Noordyn Norseman - tonyot

Gallery Entry - 

PK-402 - Vickers Wellington - rafalbert

PK-604 - Handley Page Halifax - tonyot

Build Tally (as at 16 Dec)    Total Builds = 107 / Total Subjects = 76 / Gallery Entries = 29

• Like 1

Build list edited

** THREE MORE ICONIC ENTRIES **

New build

PK-13 - N.A P-51D Mustang - Black Knight

PK-22 - Republic P-47D Thunderbolt - Ratch 

PK-85 - Sd.Kfz. 232 Armoured Radio Car - 825

Gallery Entry - 

PK-71 - Sherman Firefly - TEMPESTMK5

PK-102 - PK-102 - B.A.C 'S' Jaguar - theplasticsurgeon 

Build Tally (as at 19 Dec)    Total Builds = 110 / Total Subjects = 79 / Gallery Entries = 30

• Like 3

Build list edited

New build

PK-7 - Westland Lysander - tonyot

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II / VI - tonyot

PK-108 - Westland Lynx - Mike Dean  

Gallery Entry - 

PK-125 - Noordyn Norseman - tonyot

PK-174 - M19 Transporter - Peter Lloyd

Build Tally (as at 21 Dec)    Total Builds = 113 / Total Subjects = 80 / Gallery Entries = 32

• Like 2

Build list edited

New build

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II / VI - TEMPESTMK5

PK-78 - M16 Half Track - stevej60

Gallery Entry - 

PK-8 - Gloster Gladiator - 825, John D.C. Masters

PK-18 - Grumman F6F Hellcat - Romeo Alpha Yankee

PK-22 - Republic P-47 Thunderbolt - Ratch

Build Tally (as at 22 Dec)    Total Builds = 115 / Total Subjects = 81 / Gallery Entries = 35

• Like 1

Build list edited

New build

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest Mk.II / VI - Beard (now that makes 9 Tempests for this GB!!).

PK-411 - McDonnell RF-101B Voodoo - TheRealMrEd 

PK-503 - Douglas SBD Dauntless - TonyW

Gallery Entry - 

PK-7 - Westland Lysander - rafalbert

PK-21 - Messerschmitt Me262 - Ozzy

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest II/VI - Black Knight (x2)

Build Tally (as at 31 Dec - Happy NY)    Total Builds = 118 / Total Subjects = 83 / Gallery Entries = 39

Build list edited

New build

PK-126 - BAC Lightning T.55 - Ratch

PK-132 - Heinkel He70 - John (* note change of build from Noordyn Norseman). 

Gallery Entry - 

PK-8 - Gloster Gladiator - 825

PK-17 - Messerschmitt Bf109E - Beard

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest II/VI - TEMPESTMK5

PK-85 - Sd Kfz 222 Armoured Radio Car - 825

PK-409 - Dornier Do18 - Arniec

Build Tally (as at 05 Jan)    Total Builds = 119 / Total Subjects = 84 / Gallery Entries = 44 

• Like 2

Build list edited

** MIGHT NEED AN EXTRA SHELF IN THE CABINET - THAT'S 50 IN THE GALLERY !! **

New build

Gallery Entry - 

PK-4 - Mitsubishi Zero - John

PK-7 - Westland Lysander - tonyot

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest II/VI - tonyot

PK-114 - BAC Lightning - stevej60 

PK-133 - Westland Wessex - LostCosmonauts

PK-605 - Handley Page Heyford - Unkempt

Build Tally (as at 07 Jan)    Total Builds = 119 / Total Subjects = 84 / Gallery Entries = 50 

• Like 2

Hi Dave

Might be easier to list the few that are missing such is the amazing variety of kits

Keep up the great job you are doing, it's a brilliant GB.

I think this GB could be setting a few records on BM for entries, completions, etc

cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Might be easier to list the few that are missing such is the amazing variety of kits

Might be able to help you there a bit Pat!  

I had previously made an excel list for all of Matchbox's aircraft kits, so this can be provided by simply using a filter formula.

The Matchbox Aircraft kits that are currently not included within this GB are -

Purple Range

PK-5 - Dornier Alpha Jet

PK-9 - Bell Huey Cobra

PK-12 - Northrop F-5A

PK-14 - Vought F4U-4 Corsair

PK-16 - Hawker Harrier GR.1

PK-19 - MiG21

PK-20 - Dassault Mirage IIIC

PK-24 - Brewster Buffalo

PK-32 - North American F-86A-5 Sabre

PK-34 - Aeritalia G-91Y

PK-35 - Curtiss SBC-4 Helldiver

PK-37 - Hawker Siddeley Sea Harrier FRS.1

PK-40 - Lockheed TF-104 Starfighter

PK-44 - Dassault Mirage IIIB

PK-45 - Bae Harrier GR.3

PK-48 - Messerscmitt BBK-117

PK-50 - Supermarine Spitfire IX / XVI

PK-51 - Focke WulfFw190A-3 / A-4 / R-6

Orange Range

PK-101 - Vought A-7D Corsair

PK-105 - Supermarine Walrus

PK-107 - Dornier Skyservant

PK-113 - Messerscmitt Me410A-2 / B-1

PK-118 - Lockheed P-38L Lightning

PK-119 - Saab AJ-37 Viggen

PK-121 - Fairchild A-10A Thunderbolt

PK-124 - Grumman F9F Panther

PK-130 - Panavia Tornado F.Mk.3

PK-131 - Saab SK-37 Viggen 

PK-134 - Douglas F3D-2 Skyknight

Red Range

PK-407 - Martin B-26B Marauder

PK-410 - Grumman EA-6B Prowler

PK-413 - Boeing Vetrol CH-47 Chinook

Green Range

PK-502 - Messerscmitt Bf109E-3

PK-504 - Westland Lysander Mk.I / III

PK-505 - De Havilland Tiger Moth DH-82A / C

PK-507 - Westland SA330 Puma HC.1

Brown Range

PK-603 - Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

** So there, still a few subjects to go until we crack the whole list, however I think all BM contributors have done very well to get to where we've currently got. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2

Superb job with these update's Dave and looking at the list still some notable missing kit's from the GB and  it's not for the want

of trying from folk that we haven't covered them all but there's alway's Matchbox III "Return of the killer GB" I need to replace the

DH otter fail to keep to my promised ten so one of the smaller kits from the list will be a priority.

• Like 3

Looking at the 'list to go' has got me bursting to commit to another one of the kits that I now have..but Time will run out for me. I can see myself just continuing to build Matchbox kits for the rest of the year, right up to the Airfix GB kick-off!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Superb job with these update's Dave and looking at the list still some notable missing kit's from the GB and  it's not for the want

of trying from folk that we haven't covered them all but there's always Matchbox III "Return of the killer GB" I need to replace the

DH otter fail to keep to my promised ten so one of the smaller kits from the list will be a priority.

Something tells me that this will be voted up in 2019 - I'll be in!!   

Now I read somewhere that Revell has been doing their sums and is very keen to target the youth market in the future.

If that's the case, then why not re-release a good batch of these Matchbox moulds under a "Revell Junior" brand, they still own the tooling don't they?  

For fun, throw in some coloured plastic, supply a basic set of decals or possibly even conventional stickers - then price them at the pocket money end of the target market.

Hard to find kits like the Lysander and Tempest will sell to juniors as well as many enthusiasts just like us.     

Forget your Lego style kits that Airfix are pushing. Block building is fun, but they are not the stepping stone into basic plastic modelling as we know it.

I truly believe with all the excellent models coming out we are in another golden age of modelling, however there is and always will be a market for the basic easy to assemble stuff.

So c'mon Revell, show us all the aces you're keeping up your sleeve. Matchbox still has a very strong following and it has the potential to re-invigorate a fresh batch of modellers.        

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Now I read somewhere that Revell has been doing their sums and is very keen to target the youth market in the future.

Funny you should mention that Dave as getting young blood into the hobby has been talked about certainly since the eighties when modelling

seemed to be on the decline and some major manufacturer's were in trouble or even went under I wonder to what hight's Esci could have climbed ?

I can't see any future generation like myself in the late sixties and early seventies getting into the hobby en masse too many distractions especially

in gaming and the like so anything that help's has to be good I like Italeri's World of Tank's tie in I wonder if it drew many in.

• Like 1

Build list edited

New build

PK-15 - Folland Gnat - Giorgio N 

PK-43 - Bell OH-58D Aeroscout - stevej60

PK-47 - Dassault Mystere IVA - John

Gallery Entry - 

PK-23 - Hawker Tempest II/VI - stevehnz

PK-126 - BAC Lightning T.55 - Ratch

PK-403 - Heinkel He111 - Arniec

Build Tally (as at 12 Jan)    Total Builds = 122 / Total Subjects = 87 / Gallery Entries = 53 / * = 2 Stalled builds :(

• Like 1

Build list edited

** ONLY 24 DAYS LEFT TO FINISH UP THOSE MATCHBOX PROJECTS !! **

New build

Gallery Entry - 

PK-106 - Blackburn Buccaneer - stevej60

PK-122 - Thunderbirds F-16 - Black Knight

PK-312 - Auto Union Type D - HockeyBoy76

Build Tally (as at 20 Jan)    Total Builds = 122 / Total Subjects = 87 / Gallery Entries = 56 / * = 3 Stalled builds :(

• Like 1

Good afternoon Dave

24 days left !!! well I might be tempted to build another Tempest as yesterday I received another kit from Canada but more seriously I think that I will keep it fro the Hawker Gb ..

Best regards

Patrice

9 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Dave

24 days left !!! well I might be tempted to build another Tempest as yesterday I received another kit from Canada but more seriously I think that I will keep it fro the Hawker Gb ..

Best regards

Patrice

The Hawker GB would be a fitting place to tackle another Tempest Patrice. It starts straight after this one finishes. 

Well, my Hawker Tempest has been overtaken by yet another Hawker product - that lovely little Hunter, however hopefully I'll still have enough time to finish both of these kits off by the 10th of Feb.  

I was also contemplating an entry into the Hawker GB, however I'll see how I finish up here first. Phantom fever has seemingly taken over at my place so it might be hard to get motivated to start a Hurricane when I've got the smell of Spey Jet engines in my nostrils!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

The Hawker GB would be a fitting place to tackle another Tempest Patrice. It starts straight after this one finishes. 

Well, my Hawker Tempest has been overtaken by yet another Hawker product - that lovely little Hunter, however hopefully I'll still have enough time to finish both of these kits off by the 10th of Feb.  

I was also contemplating an entry into the Hawker GB, however I'll see how I finish up here first. Phantom fever has seemingly taken over at my place so it might be hard to get motivated to start a Hurricane when I've got the smell of Spey Jet engines in my nostrils!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave

I plan to take part in the Hawker Gb with at least 1 Academy Mk V , 1 Matchbox either a Mk II or a Mk VI or both and I have a Freeightdogmodels conversion for the Mk VI ... and of course I have some Hurricane kits in my stash (Airfix , Hasegawa and Revell ..) .

I thus look forward to the beginning of this Gb ..  fortunately for me I did not catch the Phantom fever but I understand what you feel ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Dave

I plan to take part in the Hawker Gb with at least 1 Academy Mk V , 1 Matchbox either a Mk II or a Mk VI or both and I have a Freeightdogmodels conversion for the Mk VI ... and of course I also have some Typhoon kits in my stash (Airfix , Academy ) along with some Hurricane ones (Airfix , Hasegawa and Revell ..) .

I thus look forward to the beginning of this Gb ..  fortunately for me I did not catch the Phantom fever but I understand what you feel as I guess we can say that I caught the Tempest/ Typhoon fever  ...

Cheers

Patrice

I have to say that I'm utterly freaked out by the number of entries to this GB. :thumbsup:    It's clear that there is a still a lot of love for Matchbox kits.  In fact the vintage kit GBs always seem to be popular.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I have to say that I'm utterly freaked out by the number of entries to this GB. :thumbsup:    It's clear that there is a still a lot of love for Matchbox kits.  In fact the vintage kit GBs always seem to be popular.

Got to agree Enzo.

Perhaps it's just the little nostalgia trip that we are all getting by applying modern day build techniques, then achieving great results that we could only dream about as youngsters. It's certainly been a heap of fun and somehow reckon that a third edition of this GB is a shoe-in to get voted up in a few years time. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2