Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Patman

Hi from the left coast of Canada.  Long time lurker, love the site, thought I'd better join!  Back to the hobby after 35 years away.  Much has changed!!

I'm mostly into 1/35 scale armor after spending my teenage years building aircraft and more aircraft.  I'm a machinist who gets all his perfectionism and "rivet counter-ness" out at work, making spare parts for CANDU nuclear reactors , among other things, so some of my AFVs are a little less than perfect..... Really enjoying the artistic side of all the weathering--quite the challenge for me.  Working in a rented condo, means Vallejo and Mig acrylics--solvents in the dining room are a bad plan.....

Just picked up Takom's Merkava Mk.1 and M31 Recovery Vehicle.  Looking forward to the build(s)

Cheers all!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snapper_city said:

Welcome to the forum. I was in Vancouver back in September. It's a beautiful place. 

Thanks--for a city, it's actually really nice.  Just horribly expensive to live here--hence the condo.....Oh yeah, and the traffic is a nightmare......

Welcome, Mr Patman :)

Vancouver is a lovely place, I visited it as part of my round-North America back-packing trip back in 1978. Decades later, I found out that 2 of my grandfather's brothers were buried in Mountain View cemetery!

I am already envious of the fact that you have acquired a Takom M31 - very much looking forward to seeing how that goes :thumbsup2:

Vancouver, eh?  Lovely city and the only place in N America that I've ever seen cricket played (and I lived in the US for 34 years)!  Don't sweat imperfection in your models as long as you enjoy building them.