Challenger 2 1st RTR Salisbury - DIORAMA UPDATE !!

Etienne

3 hours ago, Etienne said:

For this one, I will add a few bushes and dead wood ... perahps a small tree if it fits and of course, some whitish stones and dust to replicate the chalky soil of Salisbury plain B)

Beech are a dominant tree species on chalky soil, as are hawthorn and hornbeam (should you go for a recognisable species) and flower-wise there's poppy, cornflower, and chamomile if you want to plant a bit of colour.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

Lovely job on `Oscar Charlie' there Etiene,..... I love the `Medicine Hat' BATUS style camouflage and ex 4 RTR eyes,.......  plus the additional rough sand armoured texture too,.... all in all a beauty and another one to be very proud of.

I think that 1 RTR are based at Tidworth Garrison, between Andover and Salisbury on Salisbury Plain,.....not one of my favourite garrison`s by any stretch of the imagination!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Hello,

thanks for your comments !! Particularly about the figures as I am a real beginner in figures painting :huh:

The heads are Hornet's UK modern tank crew, very detailed and I added the headset wiring for more realism ...

Cheers, E

Sorry but I somehow missed the diorama update! You should have posted it in the diorama section and I would have found it earlier!

I've already sung the praises of the Chally so....

Fantastic diorama. Superb figures painted most excellently.

Rearguards,

Badder

• 2 years later...

Outstanding Chally  please can you advise  where you got the Eyes from  as having issues finding any on decal sheets   Thanks in advance 

• 8 months later...