He277B-1

mike romeo

Hi folks,

After what has been a very protracted build, I present my attempt at the whatif He277B-1.   The backstory was going to involve the DB610 engine being made to work, followed by German aspirations for something that could carry a heavier payload further than a He177.  During the course of the build, I realised that the Airfix '177 cowlings were significantly smaller than those of the Revell kit.  I therefore now think this was merely an attempt to reengine the '177 with smaller engines that actually worked.  

Backstory aside, here is my cut n shut, comprised of 2 Airfix He 177s, a butchered Revell He 177A-6 rear section of considerably reduced height and 2 upside down E-2C fins. Both fuse and wings have been extended and the armament system has been upgraded. Hope you like it:

He277_B_3.jpg

He277_B_4.jpg

He277_B_5.jpg

He277_B_6.jpg

He277_B_7.jpg

regards,

Martin

• Like 23

Thanks, chaps!

It doesn't photograph that well, but I'm quite pleased with it

I'm partial to the odd whif, but my next build will be a nice easy one to help the ol' mojo.

Any suggestions?  WWII, single engined, simple colour scheme?

Regards

Martin

• 6 years later...
3 minutes ago, Sosezi said:

Cool! would you tell me where the cut's location was?

Cheers!

You're dead right, although this was posted in 2017, so Mike Romeo might not see it.  He hasn't been on since summer 2023.  Wonder where he went? :hmmm:

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

You're dead right, although this was posted in 2017, so Mike Romeo might not see it.  He hasn't been on since summer 2023.  Wonder where he went? :hmmm:

LOL yes i know this is an ancient post! but hey! such beauty without any resin conversions!

18 minutes ago, Sosezi said:

LOL yes i know this is an ancient post! but hey! such beauty without any resin conversions!

It's worth a try too.  There are no followers to this topic however, so he won't get notified.  He might get one if someone mentions his name though.  Let's try to summon him  @mike romeo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It's worth a try too.  There are no followers to this topic however, so he won't get notified.  He might get one if someone mentions his name though.  Let's try to summon him  @mike romeo

Oh,I'm already making the plans for the cutting and making it myself ;) 

Thanks for Inspiration!!!

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 1:35 PM, Mike said:

Let's try to summon him  @mike romeo

😂😂😂 Very Lovecraftian, let's hope it's not more than we bargained for... :ghost:

• Haha 1