Fiat Mefistofele Protar + Italeri HR - version

Some modeller friends intend or are about to build the Italeri Mef , that´s why I decided to post my pics.

In 2015 I bought a damaged and incomplete Protar Mef at an internet auction .

The new edited Italeri plastic kit gave me the opportunity to reconstruct the metal version .

It was important for me to build a realistic model. A lot of alterings , detailing works and small scratchbuilds had to be done logically.

I hope you like the photos !

hlhnPS.jpg

kIO1hG.jpg

LL6oip.jpg

7PMEmB.jpg

RCAOEL.jpg

Ld3Nsp.jpg

spYDBu.jpg

qB26oO.jpg

JR0XLH.jpg

OCvO5a.jpg

DM05vL.jpg

0blTBo.jpg

R3O5BL.jpg

gB72Bw.jpg

ZSY8uE.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Dear Hannes,

we had the privilege to see the stunning photos of your Mef on our thread "Fiat 806 research and scratchbuilds". The build is excellent of course, and more, the pro photographer you found is also an artist. The combination of your both talents give incredible pics.

How to dare opening a new thread on the Mef after what you and Sam have done? Sincerely, I am not sure at all I will. In the 806 case, there was a good reason to create a new thread, as no one up to now had been so far in the search of truth. 

In a pinch, I could post pics in the "ready for..." section, as you do now, when my build will be over... 

All the best the artist

your friend

Olivier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Olivier , there are still improvements possible , like the wrong shape of the rear bodywork . With united powers ( Sam , Nick , others and myself )you will be able to build an even more realistic model . And it´s the fun and the enthusiasm that counts . We should be brothers , no rivals even if some other  members could see this in a different way . I look forward to your new successful Mef construction !   Many greetings !  Hannes

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hannes said:

even if some other  members could see this in a different way

I really don't see what you mean, Hannes... ;)

Well, I promise I will think about it... I must also take in consideration personal aspects. Without going into details, my wife begins to saturate. All this time and energy, not only on model making, but also on writing and sharing with my friends, for months and months...

And after the huge effort that was the 806 build, I needed myself a little break before a new project. I took advantage of this break to present in the "ready for..." not only the Fiat 806, but also the Chevy Bel Air and the Yak 3. I was glad doing that job, especially for the 2 latter. It was a kind of therapy... As an actor who got involved too much on a character for months, there is a kind of empty sensation now that all is over. And maybe a kind of anxiety difficult to explain.

Now, I would like to work, as no one (neither editor, neither anyone) seems interested or concerned by publishing (it is maybe better for me like that...), and before a new build, on a personal photo album, as I ever mentioned above somewhere...

Many greetings  Olivier

• Like 1

Dear Olivier , the quoted sentence did not refer to anyone who contributed on our research and scratchbuild thread .

A break is a good opportunity for gaining new power . And family peace is a great value as well . I made a break too and I´m still about  to educate our puppy .

That´s hard work too but a different one . Feel free to open a new chapter whenever you want . I´ll be there if you wish.

Your friend Hannes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hannes said:

Dear Olivier , the quoted sentence did not refere to anyone who contributed on our research and scratchbuild thread

Don't worry, Hannes, I had very well understood! 

A break is a good opportunity for gaining new power

I think I need indeed to charge batteries. Maybe a small build could be a good solution before a bigger challenge from this point of view...

I´m still about  to educate our puppy

How is your puppy?

I´ll be there if you wish.

Thanks! I know I can count on you. 

• Like 1

Hannes, you built a true masterpiece of art. Very impressive work, and your photographer's talent is a lesson for all of us....

Many congrats, and so sorry not to have better words to express my admiration :)

• Thanks 1

The quality of your paint is also outstandingly neat...

not only the crisp precision of the build and parts put together... and it is not the Photography which makes it so good.

What airbrush needle and what paint did you use on the body ?  

Am quite happy with the results of my paint on my Mef - the body paint is still unfinished and unweathered so i did not post the pics yet -

but while your car looks new and ready for Pebble Beach, i am trying to follow the heavy wear and weathering and incrusted dirt all over the real car body one can see on the photos.

Also, the multi-red color tones & effect we see on the real pictures probably come from the different weathering stages of the paint and varnish over the years (+90) which gives this rich multi-red colors effect and multi polish/finish/satin/gloss/matt grading and intensities, it is all there depending on the body parts and place.

This is part of the beauty of this car to me.

This said and done, my paint job is much easier to do than come up with a perfect finish like yours !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Sam , I never worked with an airbrush system in my life . The main red color is a dark Ferrari red from a good car supplier , the brass color is a cool golden spray from the same car supplier . Golden spray colors are always made out of  brass pigments ,The rest of the colors can get bought in every construction market or toy store.

Color is  a 3-D material for me  , not only a cover and it´s very important to achieve a smooth surface . A good sanding work on the primer is an important step .If the surface is not satisfying I rework it till it looks good for me . If a paintjob on a plastic part is not OK I will remove the whole color again by using brake fluid . Brake fluid removes all color without  damaging the plastic .

This does not happen often but sometimes it´s necessary .

In my restauration business  I had to deal with colors quite often , that´s why I feel familiar with them  and normal sprays are sufficient for my modelling hobby . If wheatering effects are required I  paint with  brushes or use powder .

I want to wish you all the best !  Hannes

• Like 2

Hannes,

EXQUISITE in detail and everything about it oozes SEXY ..HOT...

I absolutely LOVE  the GORGEOUS engine..  I adore engines !:selfie:

I can't stop looking at it..  I think these classic cars are fabulous and aesthetically STUNNING in MY eyes.:wub:

VERY RESPLENDENT  and your skilful painting et al is ASTOUNDING AND AMAZING.... you did a brilliant job even thought it was broken.. 

KUDOS  :mike:

Edited by HOUSTON
Correction of name.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Beautiful work! I appreciate that you re-oriented the wood slats on the firewall and that you added that partition wall for the gas tank. So far, from what I saw, you're the only one that solved those things. It's pretty obvious that on the kit, something is missing behind the seat, I was afraid to have to build a gas tank without exactly knowing what it looks like, but this is much easier for me and it's the way it is on the real car. Thank you for sharing your outstanding model.👍

• Thanks 1