1/72 F-15E Seymour Johnson 333rd FS

Hi all, 

This is my first ever model aircraft build. I chose the new tooling of the Academy 1/72 F-15E from the 333rd FS out of SJ airbase. Straight build out of box, painted and decaled. Apologies for mediocre image quality. I just ordered a light tent on Amazon, and will repost pictures once I have a chance to use it. 

I began this build in the middle of August, and ran into many issues, like dropping the assembled kit into a pool of plastic cement, and melting the piece where the NMF is up top of the aircraft. I then made it all the way through my build, and proceeded to use an acrylic wash on top of an acrylic sealer coat (future). So, I scrapped that kit (using it as my test-bed) and began a brand new one, same kit, lessons learned. This is the result. It certainly is not perfect, and round two was no walk in the park, but she is done, and I think she looks halfway decent. Let me know your thoughts (good and bad)! Enjoy! 

s80TxQo.jpg

pNJo3Xr.jpg

AGgRIiH.jpg

BSxNIQX.jpg

cUVwoTD.jpg

ByJJHJB.jpg

L33uyn5.jpg

Lb1LqHH.jpg

OjpBSB5.jpg

vKcsEHE.jpg

jITdJGP.jpg

a8f02pE.jpg

hYdfCUA.jpg

1saKQPZ.jpg

QZaE0sn.jpg

Pi5MbXb.jpg

45WbNa7.jpg

vYCUe8V.jpg

• Like 15

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Nice! 

I'm working on this kit now. It's been a fun build so far and I'm almost to the painting stage. What did you use for the NMF areas?

I used Alclad Stainless Steel over Alclads gloss black primer. Comes out extremely reflective (if done right), but then with at least two rounds of topcoat, it dulls to a realistic sheen with ease.