1/72 - de Havilland DH.91 Albatross by Valom - released - new boxing

Homebee

On 15.11.2017 at 9:35 PM, 71chally said:

I hope this opens the gates to some more British airliner kits, as said above the Ambassador would be very nice, as would an Armstrong Whitworth Ensign!

Looking at British machines which Valom is kitting (Albemarle, Hampden & Hareford, Harrow &  Sparrow, Bombay, now Albatross) they are not exactly passangers -  this recalls me a bit Contraill range deeply improved as injection moulds. Of course Ensing would be great, maybe also Warwick and Vickers Valentia? and... HP 42??? 

Cheers

J-W

Looked in the BAE Systems archive at Farnborough, and found the flight test reports or the DH91, four boxes of stress calculations in immaculate handwriting on foolscap, the resulting type record and five volumes of contemporary pictures.  A lot of these are Flight and Aeroplane copyright, but I will see what we can provide.

Howard Mason - BAE Systems Heritage Manager

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Oh wow.  Looks lovely.  I'm definitely on for the Imperial version.  Never built a Valom kit as, although they have produced some subjects I'm really interested in, like the Brigand, Harrow and Bombay, they're not the cheapest of kits.  Might have to bite the bullet with this one though.

On 11/15/2017 at 20:35, 71chally said:

I hope this opens the gates to some more British airliner kits, as said above the Ambassador would be very nice, as would an Armstrong Whitworth Ensign!

Had to re-acquaint myself with the Ensign, certainly a handsome aircraft.  Thanks for that.

4 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Oh wow.  Looks lovely.  I'm definitely on for the Imperial version.  Never built a Valom kit as, although they have produced some subjects I'm really interested in, like the Brigand, Harrow and Bombay, they're not the cheapest of kits.  Might have to bite the bullet with this one though.

I too am sorely tempted by the Imperial Airlines version, an elegant colour scheme for an elegant aircraft!

Ah well, the stash limiting purchase plan for 2018 has gone out of the window. Built a couple of Valom kits and so know what to expect. Now, what about a Hendon? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JWM said:

Or Vickers Virginia/Valentia perhaps?

J-W

Would be nice, although Valom do not seem to be that interested in big biplanes

• Sad 1

Can't wait! ho590hm and cmatthewbacon, if either of you have any refs for the interior setup of the Air Ministry/RAF mailplanes that would be very welcome! The Flight article shows large part-cylindrical fuel tanks which fit in the fuselage and plumb to outside, plus a picture of the aux generator setup, but that's about it!

8 hours ago, Homebee said:

Thanks for that - looks like it's still on track.

And yes, I'd be in for an Ambassador (I've even got a set of Butler decals to go on it - intended for the Contrail kit I haven't had the courage to start) and an Ensign!

• 2 weeks later...