This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Homebee

1/72 - de Havilland DH.91 Albatross by Valom - parts - release January-February 2018

I've been eying the resin DH-91 for a while - now I'm glad I waited! Valom kits can have their challenges, but I'd rather do it in plastic rather than resin. 

I do wish they wouldn't, I'm going to NEED one of these. :(

Steve.

Me too and I've got one of the AIM resin ones as well.

I couldn't care less what Airfix will announce at SMW now, Valom has got my attention.

YES! Like others I have wanted to build an Albatross for years and have been vacillating about the resin options.

I feel like this:

4GbKY9F.gif

Although a military DH-91 will be popular, I do hope Valom plans to issue at least one box with airliner markings. They do tend to release multiple boxings of the same plastic. 

Excellent news, resin just ain't my bag so this is just what I was waiting for.

Surely one of the most beautiful aircraft ever.

LIke all of the above comments, it is good to see this little known but important to any WW2 British collection aircraft, in a plastic context at an affordable price.

A rather surprising announcement but one I'm very happy with. I'm not really an airliner guy but the Albatross is such an elegant design that I've even looked into scratchbuilding one at some point... looking forward to this !

Oh my....this is definitely going to tempt me back into 1/72 territory.  This and the Airfix Wellington. 

Just when I thought I'd escaped, I get dragged back in again <<sigh>>.

I think I mind end up building a civilian one even though I only really model RAF/FAA aircraft - I can't find any references for what the two mailplane-variant Albatrosses that were impressed might have looked like inside...

2 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

I think I mind end up building a civilian one even though I only really model RAF/FAA aircraft - I can't find any references for what the two mailplane-variant Albatrosses that were impressed might have looked like inside...

From the pic above, they had curtains - problem solved!

9 hours ago, Vulcanicity said:

I can't find any references for what the two mailplane-variant Albatrosses that were impressed might have looked like inside...

Here is photo of inside (for civilian, but do you think that they were stripped out from furnitures?)

http://www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums/timeline/between/de Havilland DH91 Albatros.htm

http://jn.passieux.free.fr/html/Dh91_cabine.php

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM

The Flight article from 1938 gives a verbal description of the cabin on the mail planes ,but it's very brief. Also has a couple more photos and a nice cutaway of the passenger transport

Edited by Dave Fleming