1/72 - de Havilland DH.91 Albatross by Valom - released - new boxing

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Branky said:

The base kit is about 40 Euro's in Holland.....  about 35 UKP... Do I miss something?? 

Hi, the price indicated on the BIG 'H' site is £49.99, or 10% less for pre-orders, so that is where the price is coming from......so we will have to see.

cheers Ali

• Like 1

Just seen, fellow trader on BM Tiger Hobbies have these for pre-order, the two kits are priced differently, not sure why, but any how have a look under his forum page and link to his website.

Ali

I  am very glad to see it already with price in offerts of model shops in Poland. It meens - soon I will invite one Albatros to my house :)

J-W

The shape of Valom's engine nacelles where they intersect with the wing are a much blunter shape than on the other recent kit by AIM:

Albatross_masters-600.JPG

I wonder which is correct ?   I was immediately surprised by Valom's shape on what is a very aerodynamically refined aircraft...i

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania dh 91 albatros

Podobny obraz

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania dh 91 albatros

40 minutes ago, Roger Holden said:

The shape of Valom's engine nacelles where they intersect with the wing are a much blunter shape than on the other recent kit by AIM:

Bottom looks OK, it is bumped, but from top top looks that requires some serious sanding... :(

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The shape on the AIM kit upper surface looks much better and seems fairly close. The lower surface is clearly more bulbous, but it's hard to say whether they got it right without better photos of that area. Guess I won't be tossing my old AirCraft vacform kit just yet..... 

2 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

The shape on the AIM kit upper surface looks much better and seems fairly close. The lower surface is clearly more bulbous, but it's hard to say whether they got it right without better photos of that area. Guess I won't be tossing my old AirCraft vacform kit just yet..... 

Yes - a bit dissapointing that within 30 seconds one can find flaws in brand new mould...

Anyway I will buy and try to correct, I think.

J-W

Estimating 3D shapes from photos obviously is a skill not everybody owns ... the blending of the engine nacelles into the wings is total fantasy and apparently based on approximate assumptions.

Edit:

I see where the error is, the shapes of the engine-wing blends on the lower sides (where they appear to be correct) are erroneously mirrored onto the upper sides

• Like 2

Those wings look blooming awful 🙁,one of the reasons I like that aircraft is because of how streamlined it was,am a bit disappointed to be honest.Think am gonna hold off on this one until I've seen some reviews and builds. 

Edited by fatalbert
  • Like 2