Tupolev TU-334 Prototype 1/144

This kit I found on the internet for a very reasonable price.

As  I am very fond of russian airliners I had to have this cute bird in my collection.

There seems to be no manufacturer name on the box...or at least I cant't read it.

It looks more like a advertising giveaway by Tupolev,same as the IL-96 kits by Ilyjushin,that were later re-released by Eastern Express.

The quality of the kit is as poor as the IL-96 kits.The shape itself is quite accurate but the fit is terrible.

As the landing gear parts were full of plastic residue,I decided to make a desktop like model,using the included display stand.

I also bought a new and more detailded decal set from PAS Models to add more life to the kit.The included decal sheet was very basic and also the colors looked a bit off.

After hours of filling and sanding and rescribing, I was finally able to get on some paint.

Almost a year has passed since I started this kit but by facing all these fitting issues,I put it away several times and concentrated on other models.

But finally here she is...

The TU-334 first flew in 1999 and was planned as a replacement aircraft to the TU-134.

Unfortunately ,only 2 prototypes were built and the aircraft never entered production.

Thanks for looking

20171101_162548.jpg

20171101_162537.jpg

20171101_162529.jpg

20171101_162501.jpg

20171101_162450.jpg

20171101_162611.jpg

• Like 16

The plane is interesting, but not presented very well. Shoot on a solid background, with the obligatory display of the bottom. Looks like a well painted plastic toy. Regards, Yuri.

8 hours ago, YURY said:

The planemaybe

8 hours ago, YURY said:

The plane is interesting, but not presented very well. Shoot on a solid background, with the obligatory display of the bottom. Looks like a well painted plastic toy. Regards, Yuri.

? lationnteresting, but not pres ented very well. Shoot on a solid background, with the obligatory display of the bottom. Looks like a well painted plastic toy. Regards, Yuri.

Say it it as you see it! Lost in translation maybe? Very nice job though Alex,it reminds me of the proposed BAC 311 (?) widebody with big fans.

On 15.11.2017 at 21:06, Britman said:

Say it it as you see it! Lost in translation maybe? Very nice job though Alex,it reminds me of the proposed BAC 311 (?) widebody with big fans.

the translation will surely be bad, but I'll try: there should not be unnecessary and unnecessary objects in the frame: the tile, the grid fence is visible from the balcony, the pipe, the gray table in the background, the prominent parts from the trees are not on the scale with the model ..... And then , that falls into the photo frame should be in scale with the model. I'll give an example of a photo in my opinion that ideally fulfills these. Regards YURY.photo_7_1503123632.JPG

It looks like a lot of work went into it - it's certainly a cute looking airliner. I think it lost out to the Sukhoi competitor but Tupolev had not given up on the design even in 2016! I think it's finally deceased now.

http://www.our-russia.com/26052016114228/russias-tupolev-revive-tu-334-aircraft

Yury - if it's that much of a problem, copy a couple of the pictures and use your skills to make them look better!

5 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

It looks like a lot of work went into it - it's certainly a cute looking airliner. I think it lost out to the Sukhoi competitor but Tupolev had not given up on the design even in 2016! I think it's finally deceased now.

http://www.our-russia.com/26052016114228/russias-tupolev-revive-tu-334-aircraft

Yury - if it's that much of a problem, copy a couple of the pictures and use your skills to make them look better!

Thank you very much Ed.

Its an interesting article.I would have loved seeing it in service.