Lockheed L-1011 TriStar All Nippon Airways Hasegawa 1/200

My recently finished builds are mostly Hasegawa 1/200 kits,and these are the first that came off the assembly line.

This was one of Hasegawa's 2in1 kit releases and offers to build 3 ANA versions to be build,although you have to decide which one of the Triton Blue version you want to build.

The bare metal underbelly or the all grey underbelly, like the TriStar was before retirement in 1995.

I opted for the very first TriStar in the "Mohican" scheme as they were delivered in 1973 and the "Triton Blue" last flight livery with the all grey underbelly

As for all Hasegawa LL200 airliner kits,the build is straight forward with no issues at all.

I really love those kits as they offer easy,fun builds with quick results.

The only thing I changed were the engine exhausts on the Triton version,which had to be shortened to match the later version engines.

The Mohican version was left with the longer exhausts as offered in the kit.

Painted entirely by airbrush using Revell and Testors enamels and coted with my Media Range Color protection spray.

The windows were filled with Krystal Klear.The cockpit windows were painted inside black as the empty cockpit looked a bit off through the clear cockpit windows.

Thanks for looking....

20171101_161941.jpg

20171101_161932.jpg

20171101_161953.jpg

20171101_162009.jpg

20171101_162040.jpg

20171101_162136.jpg

20171101_162158.jpg

20171101_162214.jpg

20171101_162237.jpg

20171101_162250.jpg

20171101_162321.jpg

And group shots of the 2 TriStars...

20171101_162351.jpg

20171101_162418.jpg

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 33

Lovely builds....I see a lot of ANA aircraft, but hadn't realised what their old livery looked like.....the new one is a big improvement!

Many Chinese airlines still retain those "old fashioned" liveries, and they just look wrong! Its always interesting to look back at what was cool in the past!

Cheers

Tania

• Like 1

19 hours ago, F1xena said:

Lovely builds....I see a lot of ANA aircraft, but hadn't realised what their old livery looked like.....the new one is a big improvement!

Many Chinese airlines still retain those "old fashioned" liveries, and they just look wrong! Its always interesting to look back at what was cool in the past!

Cheers

Tania

Wonderful tiny tristars! I remember a flight to Sri Lanka in a LTU one. I would love to build a kit in 1:72 in classic PSA livery with smile face on the front and the most fashionable attendants of all time. This was no old fashion in contrast to the chinese, that was pure science fiction in the 7ties.... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
9 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Just saw this, I picked up this kit(early one), are the kit's decals good? I mean mostly the colour of the blue for the older scheme.

That depends on the issue of your kit.

The first one was released around 1980,most likely the decals will have yellowed a bit and the printing quality is average.

My kit was the 2in1 combo issue from 2010 with both liveries included and a very nice decalsheet.

You can distinguish the older Hasegawa airlinerkits through their box art; painted = older issue , photo of the real thing ; 2000s onwards

3 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

That depends on the issue of your kit.

The first one was released around 1980,most likely the decals will have yellowed a bit and the printing quality is average.

My kit was the 2in1 combo issue from 2010 with both liveries included and a very nice decalsheet.

You can distinguish the older Hasegawa airlinerkits through their box art; painted = older issue , photo of the real thing ; 2000s onwards

Mines the old one. I looked at photos and a video of the ANA planes from that time and they seem close, trying to keep in mind the film used. Your pictures, the blue looks a little more bold, mine has a slight bit greenish hue to the blue.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Mines the old one. I looked at photos and a video of the ANA planes from that time and they seem close, trying to keep in mind the film used. Your pictures, the blue looks a little more bold, mine has a slight bit greenish hue to the blue.

Thats right.The blue I used for the top is,Tamyia,skyblue,which looked right in the can but once sprayed on,its,a bit darker than the windowstripe.

In hindsight I should have painted the windowstripe as well and add a few drops,white to the blue.But too late now and on the shelf it isn't as visible as on the photo😊

I saw that Gunze offers the correct ANA blues as paint but they are not available in my country.

They would had been a great help.

16 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Thats right.The blue I used for the top is,Tamyia,skyblue,which looked right in the can but once sprayed on,its,a bit darker than the windowstripe.

In hindsight I should have painted the windowstripe as well and add a few drops,white to the blue.But too late now and on the shelf it isn't as visible as on the photo😊

I saw that Gunze offers the correct ANA blues as paint but they are not available in my country.

They would had been a great help.

I tired looking for a replacement set in case but can't find much and nothing in 1/200. I'm not bent on keeping it ANA but would like to make it from the box, maybe just add new window decals. The blue and white is a nice scheme.