Dragon Jagdpanther 6393

Soeren

Hi there,

that was my last kit I more or less finished and started a vignette on. It is a dragon Jagdpanther. Painted based on one of the color callouts with some artistic licence. The main weathering attempts was using 1st: the AK Panelliner and 2nd: Pigments, as I didnt try that yet.

Base colour was Vallejo Dunkelgelb and Ivory mixed at 50:50 and the highlights sprayed on, second came the Vallejo Olive green camo. Added the MiG Tan filter, panelliner pin wash, and then started modulation with 502 oil paints, olive green mostly and some faded green on the green and sand on the dunkelgelb. Pigments were then basically three Vallejo tones intermixed to get various shades and I tried to use two different fixers. Then finally used the MIG Streaking grime, because I had it. Well, any oilpaint works as well.

The kit has some amazing detail. Not a big fan of those Magic Tracks, but they worked really well here.

Here it is:

Oil Paint color modulation

okxn6cta.jpg

Mess around with pigments

vv6fzmyj.jpg

Finally on base and after streaking in the daylight

lpftgj3l.jpg

klg935pu.jpg

zan987so.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Looks really good Soeren.  I like those modulation effects and the weathering is right, not filthy but used.

Those dragon tracks are pretty good, but I agree they are a pain, especially to fit around the sprockets.

Lloyd

Thanks :D, This time i did them one piece open at the sprocket, that allowed to join them with the teeth pressing the joint together, on the Panther I did it in another section and it always tried to work itself apart.

18 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Cracking looking Jadpanther & a great base.

I'm currently weathering my Dragon Panther A so I feel your pain regarding the magic tracks.

Pete

Thanks... Mr Buzby. I would like to add a Machine Gun team to the corner behind the loggs. But I couldnt make myself painting figures now-

• 4 months later...

Brilliant Jagdpanther, the kit is superb and the base really finishes it off nicely. Paintwork is excellant, really like the subtle variety of tones.:worthy:

• Thanks 1

Thank you Jasper. Indeed the kit was a joy to build and to paint. I can only highly recommend it. I was lucky to get it from a private collector, so it was the older Version with Magic Tracks.

• Thanks 1