Linden Hill Arctic Flankers. Early or late HB Su-27 ?

galfa

The title says it all.

Linden Hill Decals has released again its beatiful 1:48 Arctic Flanker sheet, this time sized for the new Hobby Boss kit.

Hobby Boss has released two 1:48 Flankers, early and late. Which of these two I have to pick for an accurate "Arctic" Flanker ?

Best,

That depends on which of the options you want to build. Two of them are the earlier type, and the rest are the later type (and UBs). I believe you can view the instructions on Linden Hill's website.

HTH,

Jens

• Like 1

I can't help with your choice, but if HB's 'Early Flanker' is an upscale of Trumpeters 1/72 scale kit, then you need to make some mods to depict an accurate 'early' Su-27.

The area of concern is the undercarriage - early Flankers had a different style 3-hole anti-FOD nosewheel guard.....

Su-27%20005.JPG

....and the mainwheels were different.......

flanker_hubs.jpg

I grafted on the lower nosewheel from an Airfix/Heller kit - but you may have to scratch in 1/48 scale - although I think there is a resin set avaiable in 1/72 scale, which might now get done in 1/48th ???

If you can see the style of u/c on the Su-27 you wish to model, so much the better.

Hope this helps?

Ken