This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
PatW

Uncertain T

This came resin cast from Glenn Polkington in Australia.....

photo1-th.jpg

And this is the finished item, all I needed to find was clear plastic for the front and rear windows. I also added alloy intakes on top of the engine.............

photo2-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

Being a resin kit the wheels had to be painted as in the original Monogram plastic kit they were chromed.

photo-th.jpg

Oh well lots of looks but no comments, I'll put my next build on a different site!

The vehicle area is one part of Britmodeller that's still in its infancy, and if you give up it's unlikely to grow any further.  Stick with it and make it the area you'd like it to be :)

Hi PatW,

Nice  build, like the colour. I think model cars make very good subjects for dioramas, well done.

Richard.

I'm a Monogram fan from way back. It's good to see this one here.

I had no idea there was a resin version out there!

Tony.

Thanks for your comments and taking time out to put them on here.

Cool.  I used to like building some of the custom American car kits in my youthful modelling.  Maybe it was the influence of "Hot  Wheels" getting to me before Matchbox caught up with "Superfast" which were often too wide for their own track!

I still refer to "mag" wheels...

Another cool build from your garage Pat,please don't stop putting up your work do enjoy looking,this is a great site with so much to offer.Cheers.

That's cool.  Thats a loud green. But it suits the kit. Don't see how you could actually see out of that thing when driving it.:hmmm:

Edited by Thud4444

Thanks guys for your well appreciated comments. Well Steve Scott who originally designed, built and drove the 'T' seemed to get on OK with driving it, hopefully very carefully!

UPDATE! I've bought a Molotow Chrome Pen and gone over all the ally painted parts, exhaust, rims, windscreen surround, rocker boxes and front axle.............

photo-th.jpg

The vehicle section is pretty much the only section I look at on Britmodeller and your builds are the only ones I always look at, mostly due to your inspired choice of kits and the twist you then give them to take them beyond a standard OOB build. Long may your posting continue!