Uncertain T

PatW

This came resin cast from Glenn Polkington in Australia.....

photo1-th.jpg

And this is the finished item, all I needed to find was clear plastic for the front and rear windows. I also added alloy intakes on top of the engine.............

photo2-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

Being a resin kit the wheels had to be painted as in the original Monogram plastic kit they were chromed.

photo-th.jpg

• Like 12

Oh well lots of looks but no comments, I'll put my next build on a different site!

The vehicle area is one part of Britmodeller that's still in its infancy, and if you give up it's unlikely to grow any further.  Stick with it and make it the area you'd like it to be :)

Thanks for your comments and taking time out to put them on here.

• Like 1

Cool.  I used to like building some of the custom American car kits in my youthful modelling.  Maybe it was the influence of "Hot  Wheels" getting to me before Matchbox caught up with "Superfast" which were often too wide for their own track!

I still refer to "mag" wheels...

Thanks guys for your well appreciated comments. Well Steve Scott who originally designed, built and drove the 'T' seemed to get on OK with driving it, hopefully very carefully!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE! I've bought a Molotow Chrome Pen and gone over all the ally painted parts, exhaust, rims, windscreen surround, rocker boxes and front axle.............

photo-th.jpg

• Like 3

The vehicle section is pretty much the only section I look at on Britmodeller and your builds are the only ones I always look at, mostly due to your inspired choice of kits and the twist you then give them to take them beyond a standard OOB build. Long may your posting continue!

Cheers BeastieBoy73, yes I like to make/paint the way that I would like the real thing! That's why I'm not interested in factory finish, not enough creativity by the builder, that's only my opinion mind.

• Like 1

That's quite a big difference when you look at them side by side:

photo-th.jpgphoto-th.jpg

I also think that the change of angle and the lighting shows up the paintwork better.

11 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

OMG.... what a GORGEOUS quirkiest  SUPER DUPER  of a model..

Love it... IMPRESSIVE little diorama too.

:yikes::mike:

Cheers HOUSTON!

10 hours ago, Mike said:

That's quite a big difference when you look at them side by side:

photo-th.jpgphoto-th.jpg

I also think that the change of angle and the lighting shows up the paintwork better.

Thanks Mike.

Edited by PatW

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build and a super paint finish you've got there - very quirky little show car that I've never heard of. Looks like it was a bit odd to drive.

Those Molotow pens are the mutt's aren't they - swear by mine now.

Thanks for showing

ATB
Rick

• 4 weeks later...