PK-106 Buccaneer. A whif

charlie_c67

The second of my whif aircraft will be a further development of Blackburn's Buccaneer, much loved by many. The premise of this is that the Carrier cull of the 70's never took place, leading to the requirement for air tanking support to be updated with a dedicated version, namely the K.3. Whilst I realise there was the buddy fuelling system already in use, I wanted to do something a little more...permanent. so here's the starter kit.

37545550694_8f1aca55f2_b.jpg

The three-tone plastic loved by many and annoyingly missing any ordnance or tanks what so ever....something I hope Colin of Freightdog fame will help me rectify this weekend... A relatively simple kit to throw together, there are a few gaps that I'll need to be a bit careful about filling, but below you can see how far I got in the course of today.

37545550774_c6d4dbf90e_b.jpg

Almost ready to go into the paint shop now! With a few bits of fettling it hopefully won't take long...

• Like 3

Not sure if you can see it too clearly, but hiding by the canopy is the fuel nozzle pinched from an Italeri KA-6D. This will some how be grafted onto the fuselage and the bomb by door sealed as though it was now a girt great tank. Least that's the plan....

• Like 1