1/35 Centaur Tank

Finished this Tamiya kit in no time,had to be the easiest tank I have built,kept the paint work very simple just wanted to represent a bit of a dusty tank with little if no mud,and heavy wear around the hatches also placed some items around the tank just for added interest,all will come off when it goes on the shelf.I put up a pic of the figure that came with it and I have to say he has the happiest face I have ever painted on a figure(should not have been so happy if he knew I was going to paint him:D),also enclosed a pic of the real deal,that gave me some inspiration.Thanks.

tn_b1b90a23-b670-4eb9-86fb-573388855587.tn_78b68d44-b314-4875-95a2-252f963dee4b.tn_513247b3-9113-4058-9722-4dd4d206fb81.tn_afa7cd9c-37f2-47b8-9e7b-9be1777b7f48.tn_c30a027b-ff12-4cff-bf72-e305c197aa3d.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Oh, I do like that.  Hope mine turns out even half as good.  Those that made it off the beach only ventured a few miles inland and only until about D+10, so didn't have the chance to get too mucky.  Photos seem to show dusty.

Are those the kit decals around the turret, or did you go for the Bison/Star or Peddinghaus sets?

• Thanks 1

That is really excellent Jim! I really like the paintwork effects and finish. I'm going to have to get me one of those! Very well done. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Jim what can I say yet another beutifull model a pleasure to veiw and the figure does look happy about something pity we will never know what .🤓👏

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Looks good Jim, the minimal weathering is right on.

Yep, he seems rather happy, must have been something special in that paint.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd,could be right about the paint,or he sniffed some of the glue when I stuck his head on:D.

17 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Oh, I do like that.  Hope mine turns out even half as good.  Those that made it off the beach only ventured a few miles inland and only until about D+10, so didn't have the chance to get too mucky.  Photos seem to show dusty.

Are those the kit decals around the turret, or did you go for the Bison/Star or Peddinghaus sets?

Thanks Das,sure yours will be better,and I used the Tamiya decals that came with the kit,set them with Micro-Set.

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is really excellent Jim! I really like the paintwork effects and finish. I'm going to have to get me one of those! Very well done. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,seen your work and I'm sure you will put mine to shame,thanks for the kind comments.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Super job, Jim.

What everyone else said, except I'd like to ask where you got the chain from?

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,the chain is and old jewellery piece,when my girls were little they used to have all kinds of chains and I have kept all they grew out of.Hope this helps Cheers

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

First class Jim. Centaur is one of my favourite tanks and the Tamiya kit is really good. Having seen this, I might get my shelf queen out when I get back home.

John. 

Thanks John always value your comments,As I said the Tamiya kit did make this a very easy build.Cheers

4 hours ago, Homer said:

Jim what can I say yet another beutifull model a pleasure to veiw and the figure does look happy about something pity we will never know what .🤓👏

Thanks Homer for those fine comments,and yes he is keeping it close to his chest,what ever he is happy about,I know what used to put a smile on my face when I was young:D.

11 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Jim what can I say yet another beutifull model a pleasure to veiw and the figure does look happy about something pity we will never know what .

Perhaps a cut-away section of turret will reveal what's going on?:D

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, cocky05d said:

Very nice ,rather ashamed to say i buggered up the decals round the turret  on mine,the red mist came down and it ended up in the bin .

Regret doing that now

Don't worry I came close to the same,was a little tricky putting those decals on.Cheers.