1/48 Airfix Lightning. Resin F6 cockpit in an F1

chrisrope

Would I be burned at the stake if I put the resin F6 cockpit I have into the F1 I’ve just acquired via the TK Maxx sale. 

Ive seen a dedicated resin F1 cockpit but hoping to save the pennies and use the set I have, think it’s the True Details one

Ta

Chris

As long as you're happy with the substitution I say go for it. There's not a lot of people out there who would know the difference. You wouldn't get dinged at a (properly run) contest either.

4 hours ago, chrisrope said:

Would I be burned at the stake if I put the resin F6 cockpit I have into the F1 I’ve just acquired via the TK Maxx sale. 

Ive seen a dedicated resin F1 cockpit but hoping to save the pennies and use the set I have, think it’s the True Details one

Ta

Chris

Use the set you have and give it the right color and even on a contest you should be fine 😉

No one will notice probably....

Apart from the colour one of the most visible differences between the F. 1 and F. 6 cockpits is that the former has the old "basic six" instrument panel (ASI, artificial horizon, altimeter, turn and slip, directional gyro and VSI) and the latter has the later OR.946 panel with strip ASI across the top, artificial horizon to the left and navigation display to the right.  If you want to use your resin bits anywhere near practising rivet-counters we won't tell if you don't.😉

• Like 1