Takom Tiger II Cutaway

Devcon 1

Thanks Gremlin56, I shall search that one out.

Some more details of the lighting installation.

38274069186_00cc28bc1b_c.jpg

26555034259_bba0b59d56_c.jpg

38297581102_bd25a7338d_c.jpg

Final picture shows the tab I've added to the turret ring to activate the microswitch.

24458595608_b5338a5c59_c.jpg

Edited by Devcon 1
Forgot a comment.
  • Like 5

Go, I had lost this, what a great job you are doing in this magnificent kit, in my opinion, I take good note because I want to do one of these some day.
Very good detail of the LEDs, where have you got the micro-switch?...:popcorn:, cheers mate :yes:

More painting.

37657086154_2699d00165_c.jpg

I had some spare PE boxes.

24500667238_f69c85a143_c.jpg

Shell production. Forgot to take a picture but found an easy way to paint the warhead tip, spray the first colour then slip a bit of heat shrink tube till it's just nips then spray the second colour and pull the tube off after a few moments.

37657089064_c7ba56637d_c.jpg

• Like 3

I did a bad bad thing, had to get the early turret version for comparison. Twill be a similar build with cutaway on the other side. Will set aside for Christmas.

38343314506_80c527da3c_c.jpg

Some a bit messy but a camera this close takes no prisoners.

Here's the Megift

37684473104_c6277a2881_c.jpg

• Like 4

This was one from eBay and it was about £47.00 which I thought was good value given the quality of the kit.

I am like, I imagine, others that are awaiting Takoms Panther series.

You're right Soeren, the engine bay, transmission, turret basket, gun and drive system are little kits in themselves and are a pleasure to assemble, 

This was one from eBay and it was about £47.00 which I thought was good value given the quality of the kit.

I am like, I imagine, others that are awaiting Takoms Panther series.

You're right Soeren, the engine bay, transmission, turret basket, gun and drive system are little kits in themselves and are a pleasure to assemble, 

Thanks FrancisCL.

Before I embark on track painting which I'm nervous about and my head is spinning with all sorts of methods, does anybody have any personal recommendations. I'm looking for a very light weatherd look but trying to replicate a museum exhibit.  Thanks 

• Like 1

I do not know which is your favorite work method, but lately I have tried to paint the tracks, with pigments, in dry, obviously the right colors for this task, and I have been pleasantly surprised of the result, because although there is no liquid , if it stays long enough for a realistic look. Then, for the metallic touch, drybrush ...

Of course, try it before in a model that does not work for you ...

Cheers mate :yes:

Getting better every day.

Masking the interior will be a major pain in the *****, but it will all be worth the while in the end.

FYI: Later in the war, King Tigers were not allowed to carry ammo in the turret btw. It was a Fuhrerbefehl from early '45.

Edited by Blaubar

Blaubar.  How very right you are on the masking, photos to follow.

I enjoyed the shells Gremlin56. 

It's fascinating to hear facts about Army orders and how they effect our models. I need to practice a little restraint and the old adage, less is more. One day I will pluck up the courage and determination to do a truly accurate rendition of a subject as I have the utmost admiration for those that do and thoroughly enjoy watching those builds.

Thankyou kindly Kris B, I've learnt so much whilst lurking on this forum so felt it only fair to put a bit back.

The left hand track is in 5 sections so will be painted and then reassembled in situ, the wheels are glued to the torsion bars which are only dry fitted, I'll pull them out and reinsert them with glue when I finish weathering and painting the red sectioned edges. The tracks will be fitted and masked off (together with the wheels) while I attach the track guards/skirts. Then final exterior painting will be commenced... Hopefully.

38493300086_1d811fffeb_c.jpg

• Like 3