F-102A 318th FIS

Thanks to the good  offices of Camper1, I was able to source an original issue Monogram F-192A with Case XX wing. As with all  these Century Series models, a bit of TLC is needed to get an acceptable outcome, but they are fun to work with.

38181223032_1a465330de_b.jpg

I only add a metal pitot and a resin seat though the kit seat is perfectly acceptable under the close canopy.

38181226742_3de7ebb816_b.jpg

It is finished as a machine flown by the 318 FIS based at McChord AFB in Washington state around the end of the 1950's, thanks to the excellent F-102 Sheet from Fundekals.

38157306256_c2b1a83845_b.jpg

The sheet also has a couple of options for the 32nd FIS based in the Netherlands so guess what I'm looking for at Telford.

38157309036_92d65fa609_b.jpg

As always thanks for looking.

• Like 11

Thanks for the kind words, glad you have finally got a Deuce.

Is it the re boxing with the Case XX wings  but Case X decals, (or was it the other way round?). Either way it hasn't made It to my bit of the other side of the pond.  Watch out for the fit of the closed missile bay at the front, it needs a bit of easing to make it wide enough to fit, I used a piece of sprue as a spreader bar.

• Thanks 1

New Re-boxing but have my own decals, so it didnt effect me. I was planning and buying for a while so i have everything i want. Thanks for the tip i have built all the century series Revellogram kits since the 80’s. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

New Re-boxing but have my own decals, so it didnt effect me. I was planning and buying for a while so i have everything i want. Thanks for the tip i have built all the century series Revellogram kits since the 80’s. 

No worries, I had some spare Case XX decals if you needed them. Looking forward to seeing her finished.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...