Matchbox Spitfire Mk22/24 1/32 scale

Hi folk's,second Matchbox Spitfire in recent day's this time a very different animal,the big 1/32 22/24.Not  much loved by most and not without

reason,clunky,innacurate and wierd breakdown in part's I know  the younger me I failed to complete it after spending what was then a fair chunk of

Birthday money on the original boxing,this is a Revell re-box and cost a tenner! OOB build nothing added or corrected as with my earlier Mkix take it

for what it is a snapshot in modelling time,thank's for looking in build can be found in the Matchbox GB if you feel mad enough to build one!

20171106_120616

20171106_121012

20171106_120822

20171106_120652

20171106_120602

20171106_120547

20171106_120538

• Like 44

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Love that colour scheme :thumbsup2:BTW, where do you keep big birds like that?

Many thank's Vinnie,luckily I've a loft room with plenty of space mind I don't build many in this scale!

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Very nice. Even better - it's in a 613 Sqn scheme. :yes:

Pete

Thank's Pete your local Sqn.I believe.

31 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Oh yes , love it. :thumbsup2: All it needs is a new nose set from master casters , a new canopy from Fright Dog , and some stronger undercarriage legs +

a little rescribing here and there and hey presto a nice MK 22- 24 Spitfire :goodjob:

Cheer's Kieth,or better still a new kit from one of the mainstream companies!

Very nice even if not terribly accurate. I also made this in my youth. Not sure if I even managed to finish it but I do have fond memories of it going to a better place on Nov 5th!?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's Vinnie,luckily I've a loft room with plenty of space mind I don't build many in this scale!

Thank's Pete your local Sqn.I believe.

Cheer's Kieth,or better still a new kit from one of the mainstream companies!

Correct Steve. Unfortunately they disbanded before I started going to Ringway on my bike. :sad:

Pete

• Like 1

Now that brings back memories, Steve! 

They were great those old Matchbox kits - what my pocket money always went on as a kid.   Great work on your Matchbox Spit as well!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

I think it looks canny marra. The only thing I would do is colour the tip lights. I wouldn't mind having a go at one in the original Syrian AF decal option Matchbox did. I remember getting this and the '32 109 for Christmas way back when. Both were clagged together in the same day and dogfighting by Boxing Day

• Like 1

Top job on the Spit Steve.

Really nice.

I built the original back in the day along with the 1/32 Matchbox Me 109, Tiger Moth, Dauntless and the Lysander

None survived.....all dispatched by the family cat

I didn't really do a lot of Airfix or Revell.....for me it was pretty much Matchbox.

My Spit certainly didn't scrub up as well as yours

Best of the bunch for me was the Lysander..... and for old times sake I purchased an original boxing of it on evil bay.

Can't wait to build it and post it in all it's Matchbox glory like your Spit

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Hello,Steve - This is one seriously superb Supermarine! Your Spitfire is beautifully built and finished and a testament to your modelling skills.Great work!

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Looks pretty jolly good to me, regardless of any inaccuracies or problems. 

Matchbox was my “go-to” brand back in my early days.....mainly 1/72, but I did stretch to the 1/32 Bf109. From memory I had to cut off the front top corner of the engine to get the cowl to fit. 

Great memories!

• Like 1