Lavochkin La-7 1/72 Eduard profipack

The Eduard Kit can be classified simply as honest. Distinguished by good fit, clean lines, subtle pieces, the lack of flash and facilities, such as masks for the transparent parts and photo etched parts. On the other hand, the definition is shallow, the fabric surfaces unclear, missing rivets from parts of the plane that was present, the transparent sections are thick – almost armored for scale – though very clean. Instructions are good and the decals are wellprinted with many options.

A construction that causes for OOB without particular challenges or derogations. The cockpit was closed without many details. The seat, that is coarse and off scale, was simply painted, and hurdled, zones were placed inside, filling the gap. From the remaining, minimum will be visible, although it was an incremental effort to emerge, but the size and space constraints do not leave much room.

Rivets added to air brakes and under the metal plates on either side of the engine, holes were opened in the vertical part of the tail and on the back of the fuselage behind the antenna, to put the areals, the mobile segment of the canopy was sanded thoroughly in order to fit correctly in place and also the rings at the front and rear of the engine disappeared, as it was completely off the scale. The fit is generally good, with the main problem located at the machine gun cover and the wing roots.

For painting, masks were cut after the Eduard drawings plans were magnified, about 160% for the top and 110% sides to match the dimensions of the model. As I use masks, I find them more convenient than blue tack, while if you spray the color vertically, is leaving a very distinctive fade, almost ideal to scale. The colors used are the XF 23 for undersides, XF& 83 54 for the upper, lightened with white because intact was quite dark on the scale. The metal plates on the sides of the engine painted with Model Masters, Aluminium were sprayed with a mixture of smoke & clear red and "smoked" with black pigment.

With regard to weathering, control surfaces were post shaded and after some failed experiments, I followed a different approach. Very diluted colors, in a range of blue – grey, Khaki, gray and smoke, were sprayed by way of striking effects with quick sharp moves in the direction of air flow, on the wing. Caution not to spill the paint from the Cup and not run the paint onto the surface. We want the greatest possible transparency. Some additional fadings on the dark gray and the model was sealed with Alclad Aqua gloss.

The decals applied almost perfectly with the Daco and satine microscale sealed them onto the model.

IMGP6599.jpg

IMGP6605.jpg

IMGP6600.jpg

IMGP6601.jpg

IMGP6602.jpg

IMGP6603.jpg

IMGP6604.jpg

IMGP6606.jpg

IMGP6607.jpg

IMGP6608.jpg

IMGP6609.jpg

IMGP6610.jpg

IMGP6611.jpg

IMGP6612.jpg

IMGP6613.jpg

IMGP6614.jpg

IMGP6615.jpg

IMGP6616.jpg

• Like 18

Hi Sandros,

Beautiful finish to your model – nice work. The display base/vignette is also impressive.

I am guessing the figures are from the Zvezda set of five figures? May I ask what paints/colours you used for them?

Kind regards,

David

Thank you Dazey. Correct guessing, the figures are from Zvezva and the drums and loads from value gear. The figures are painted with shades of Vallejo 70.816, for the uniform, khaki for the hats, dark grey for boots, oil paints for skin tones. The concrete is made from polusterine sheet.