HMS Belfast 1/350

Thanks for the feedback everyone, 

The spray is cotton wool teased out and fixed with Acrylic medium, then shaped with acrylic varnish,  it's a tricky technique that I still haven't mastered, but am slowly getting there,  if you haven't seen them yet, Google for Chris Flodberg ship models, he's the master at this appraoch and has published some good tutorials.

Another source is Chris Meddings Ship Modeller PDF magazine - one of the issues of that had an article on seascapes that was pretty close to my method.

Figures are L'Arsenal resin, very delicate and I always need to re-attach various appendages that get damaged when they are removed from the moulding gate, but far far better than anything etched brass can deliver.

A

• Like 4

Absolutely superb ! I have this kit, and plan to build it in it's Korean War configuration ( Hopefully ! ) which was when my late Father served in her, so quite a bit of altering and scratchbuilding to do. If it turns out half as good as your model I'll be more than happy.  :thumbsup:     :cheers:

Hello Andrewa,

Master Modeller.

That is my verdict on your skills. These are ready to move to the RN museum.

Highest Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Great build! Looking really sharp!

You mentioned there were issues with this kit? I'm very keen on getting this kit, so what are the most obvious bad points to watch out for? (The better prepared I am when it comes to building Trumpeter ships the better. Their Warspite had quite a few errors too).

On 23/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, ArtickWarspite said:

Great build! Looking really sharp!

You mentioned there were issues with this kit? I'm very keen on getting this kit, so what are the most obvious bad points to watch out for? (The better prepared I am when it comes to building Trumpeter ships the better. Their Warspite had quite a few errors too).

To be honest the best place to look is on this thread:

The author is making a much better job of documenting the issues than I did - and I've listed most of my issues in a post there.

A

• Thanks 1