Long shot- Need help with a Mosquito build (anyone with 1 48 clear Mossy Parts)...

RiotRolo

Hi,

I have put about two months of work into my Revell 1/48th Mosquito and am very happy with the result. As it stands the model is built, weathered and had a semi gloss coat testing out Klear or Future whichever you prefer to call it. I dipped my canopy in it, allowed it to dry, along with all the other clear parts but for some reason it has not taken very well. By this I mean my canopy is patchy with fog, my attempts to rectify this have made it 10x worse. Whats more is that I have lost a clear part also.

Therefore if anyone has a Mosquito build that they got part way through and gave up on and have the clear sprue I would be interested in it. Again this is a long shot, im not sure how many people have pieces of a kit lying around but I would like to buy it off you. The only other option I can think of is to acquire it from Revell Germany which takes weeks to arrive. Anyway if you do, let me know. The canopy is passed fixing and would be useless without the small bomber nose window that I lost. It might be at the bottom of the bottle of future but that is more hassle than its worth. 

I guess I have learnt a lesson from this which is rushing a kit is never a good idea, I wanted to get it done for Sunday as I am starting a new job so wont have time to make models all that often but instead have majorly delayed the process.

Ryan :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you can live without this other clear part you lost, you can buy a spare canopy from Squadron Models. They have a couple different ones for the Mosquito but I'm not sure if one of them is made for the Revell kit, so you might have to somehow try and find out if they would fit. And, like you mentioned, you could contact Revell and have them send another clear part sprue. Either way it's not the end of the world, if you already put a lot of work into the model it's worth doing it right and getting the proper replacement parts, and you will indeed be able to get them one way or another.

• Like 1

Hello Riot just found this over on Cybermodeler. It seems revell is planning on re-popping the mosquito bomber in 1/48th very shortly.  

Revell AG Mosquito Bomber 48 3923 Nov-17

Parts will be easier to get, and im guessing the cost wont be outrageous so maybe a spare kit ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1