Captured Whippet During Trials

Hi all, my first attempt at a 'diorama', I had looked at the picture below while attempting to build the Meng Whippet and it kind of inspired me to think of whats behind the tank, so on with a base and other bits and pieces and my imagination created the following, hope you like it, as always comments, advice and tips welcome.

cheers Dave.

whippet.jpg

DSCF4020.jpg

DSCF4017.jpg

DSCF4018.jpg

DSCF4019.jpg

DSCF4021.jpg

DSCF4023.jpg

DSCF4024.jpg

DSCF4025.jpg

DSCF4026.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

That's a very unusual and dynamic theme for a diorama. The model components themselves are excellent. I do question the angle of the whippet though. It's certainly steeper than the one in the photo and I'm not entirely sure that it is obeying the laws of physics?

That aside, it's a winner in my book!

I have one question and that's regarding the corrugated iron. May I ask how you made it? I ask because I also make it and I'm wondering if you use the exact same method?

Reaguards,

Badder

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Badder said:

That's a very unusual and dynamic theme for a diorama. The model components themselves are excellent. I do question the angle of the whippet though. It's certainly steeper than the one in the photo and I'm not entirely sure that it is obeying the laws of physics?

That aside, it's a winner in my book!

I have one question and that's regarding the corrugated iron. May I ask how you made it? I ask because I also make it and I'm wondering if you use the exact same method?

Reaguards,

Badder

Hi Badder

Thank you for your comment, the 'corrugated' is made from my greyhounds dentistix box, lightly dampened and outer layers peeled off.

Cheers Dave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DWC1968 said:

the 'corrugated' is made from my greyhounds dentistix box, lightly dampened and outer layers peeled off.

Hi Dave,

I asked because I wondered if you had trouble peeling the outer layers off without squashing or stretching the inner corrugated bit and spoiling the 'waves'.

I had that problem when trying to peel the outers from some very small and tight corrugated cardboard. The inner would get damp as well and would get ruined as the outers were removed.

So what I did was dampen just one outer first and peel that off. The other outer would hold the corrugated middle bit in shape. But then I coated the corrugated bit with thin CA. This soaks in and stiffens the corrugated bit so that it becomes very like plastic. Then I could dampen the other outer layer and pull it off with no worries about distorting the corrugations.

Having said that, your 'iron' looks good to me.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1