SOVIET BATTLE HORSE T-34/76 1943 1/35 ZVEZDA * FINISHED*

On 10/11/2017 at 21:29, BlackMax12 said:

Well a little rain is better than the 5-10 cm of snow we are getting again today but it's up to 0C so that's an improvement.

Enjoy the 20C.

Lloyd

Thanks, already to sleep you have to cover yourself, and the heaters are starting to work, because very little by little the temperature is going down ...

I did not realize before in one of your answers:

... Like you say it's a big loss if they do not turn out but so far you have had 2 for 2 that are excellent ....

Not even I remembered, but they are not 2 for 2, but 3 for 3 ... lol, and that is before, "fix" a Merkava MkI Tamiya, IMHO, was better ...
If you are interested in seeing it, I pass the link ...

Cheers Lloyd :cold:

Just now, BlackMax12 said:

I must have missed the Merkava, yes please send it.

Lloyd

Here is the link, although I think the WIP, "thanks" to Photobucket went to the ether ...It's a shame, because it included some pictures of how it was before reforming it. This kit can have built a time of about 35 to 38 years (the first contruccion, of course)

I hope you like it, cheers Lloyd :yes:

Well.........that lion is impressive.  Love the color and the weathering is just right.  Those can't be Tamiya tracks are they?

I see you didn't put the hanging balls under the rear of the turret.  I built an Academy Merkava and those balls drove me crazy.

Yes I hope Photobucket goes broke because there are a tremendous amount of photos missing just on this site and it pisses me right off.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Well.........that lion is impressive.  Love the color and the weathering is just right.  Those can't be Tamiya tracks are they?

I see you didn't put the hanging balls under the rear of the turret.  I built an Academy Merkava and those balls drove me crazy.

Yes I hope Photobucket goes broke because there are a tremendous amount of photos missing just on this site and it pisses me right off.

Take care,

Lloyd

Many thanks for your kind words Lloyd, 

Yes, the tracks are the originals of Tamiya, that although they are of a flexible piece, I think it is a brand that does a great job (within the limitations).

If I'm not mistaken, the balls with chains, included in the design of the Merkava, in version II, because they realized that the RPGs had seen that weak point in the turret, and something so simple fix that problem.

If you are not annoying, if you want to tell me something about the Merkava, go to your thread, because I think that what we are doing is Off-topic, and maybe the Administrators can "scold" us ...

Cheers and thanks Lloyd :yes:

9 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks for your kind comments, I really like the word game ... lol, i'm glad you like it, cheers Jim :yes:

Thanks Francis,you have set a very high standard,I'm on the pointy end of a T-34/85 No.183 Factory"Berlin 1945"(Academy Kit) with bedspring armour,you have sure given me something to aspire to Cheers.:D

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 15:13, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Well, what can I say? That really was a very worthwhile upgrade project. The result is stunning! The variations in the paintwork tones, the weathering, the new trackwork, the leaves, the shells,.........everything you have done has created a believably weary T34. Excellent modelling on all levels. :worthy::worthy:

Kin regards,

Stix

Many thanks for your kind comments, follow and like my friend, i'm glad you like it, modestly, I think it has not been bad, if it was worth the risk of "gutting" a little ... lol

Cheers Stix :cheers:

• Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 22:25, Jim Wasley said:

Thanks Francis,you have set a very high standard,I'm on the pointy end of a T-34/85 No.183 Factory"Berlin 1945"(Academy Kit) with bedspring armour,you have sure given me something to aspire to Cheers.:D

I'll be happy to see it, I plan to buy an 85 too later.
If you can make the bigger pictures, would it be great, that less for such good jobs? ... lol

Cheers Jim :yes:

• Thanks 1

On 20/11/2017 at 10:27, AndyRM101 said:

Beautiful work Francis. The older Zvezda kits can be surprisingly good with a little extra work, as you've proven.

Andy:cat:

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I always try to do my best with what I have at hand, and in the forum there are many examples of oldies kits, which surpass even more recent, accurate, and expensive ones.

Of course, with better material, the result is supposed to be even better, that's why these kits are serving me as "guinea pigs" in anticipation of buying better models / kits.

Cheers Andy :D