SOVIET BATTLE HORSE T-34/76 1943 1/35 ZVEZDA * FINISHED*

Hi Pals,

Here I present the finished model. I am quite happy to have dared to improve it (it could have been the opposite ... lol), it has not been very expensive and the additions have been very good.

I think these oldies / cheap kits are a very good base to experiment, learn and improve hobby techniques and skills.

On the one hand if it does not work out the way we wanted, the effort / expense is not "painful", although on the negative side, if it goes better than we expected at the beginning, the question remains "and if I had done this, or added this other , how would it have improved? ... "

For this reason, I have some more model in the same circumstances, which I hope to improve (or otherwise, although I run the risk ...), now seeing them, I think I was not confident enough in my chances.

As always, thank you very much for the comments and kind words that accompanied the assembly, and the interest shown.

Here a link to WIP section for those who are interested, sorry a forget it...

Cheers mates :D

GYPabRV.jpg

7FWU3Io.jpg

NWHMZt6.jpg

jMirKMo.jpg

FrEk28b.jpg

mBBR32B.jpg

mZ8EyUx.jpg

qejbMoc.jpg

Tkr9CHS.jpg

UjQbd1W.jpg

eUQ4vxJ.jpg

aoIjjcV.jpg

Tmf3Qsc.jpg

eUQ4vxJ.jpg

YnaPHfv.jpg

Some pics with a little base...

XeDPl7k.jpg

YJbq8kI.jpg

p0Y6z1X.jpg

And some shots in detail...

V5qrBXe.jpg

HGZoqrj.jpg

Qmltd8f.jpg

nKSTUPF.jpg

aANJLZR.jpg

bvRzqXD.jpg

pnrVmX2.jpg

fSAd0x3.jpg

C96rT0E.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Hi Francis,

You are turning into a bit of a master at this kind of thing! Mind you, you've had some pretty good 'bases' to start from in the first place!

I haven't tried it myself, but I suppose there's at least two models I could use as guinea pigs! We shall see!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is one exelent model you have certainly got the skills to produce realistic looking military pieces hope to see more in the near future 🖒👏

• Thanks 1

Well, that certainly looks a lot better than the original.  The tracks and especially the leaves and the overall weathering are a vast improvement.  If you still have old models

that need reworking and if they turn out as well as this one and your earlier SU then have at them.  Like you say it's not a big loss if they don't turn out but so far you have had 2 for 2 that are excellent.

Keep them coming,

Oh, send some of that 30 degree weather as it's -17C here this AM and 28cm of snow yesterday and it's only November 4.

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

You are turning into a bit of a master at this kind of thing! Mind you, you've had some pretty good 'bases' to start from in the first place!

I haven't tried it myself, but I suppose there's at least two models I could use as guinea pigs! We shall see!

Rearguards,

Badder

Many thanks for your kind words, those bases are precisely those that have made me get with them, on the other hand, I have others (I had more ... lol) kits, that the reconstruction effort is not worth it, too much, and also, the mold / quality neither does it compensate for effort and time.

In addition, I have to feel inspired, or go to the spare parts almost certainly, which is a delicate balance game, because being a finished kit, it's hard to take it back ...

Cheers Badder  :yes:

• Like 1

Hi Francis. Well, what can I say? That really was a very worthwhile upgrade project. The result is stunning! The variations in the paintwork tones, the weathering, the new trackwork, the leaves, the shells,.........everything you have done has created a believably weary T34. Excellent modelling on all levels. :worthy::worthy:

Kin regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2017 at 16:14, Soeren said:

What a beautiful worn look. The grass and foliage add a lot. Hi od decision to take those individaul link tracks. :)

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, cheers Soeren :yes:

Edited by FrancisGL

On 4/11/2017 at 17:38, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very nice build ... even have the bucket 👍 

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, I had seen in other models a bucket, and it was a small detail that I liked a lot, hence "the crew" has been careful not to lose it ...:D

Cheers Corsairfoxfouruncle :yes:

On 4/11/2017 at 17:39, Homer said:

That is one exelent model you have certainly got the skills to produce realistic looking military pieces hope to see more in the near future 🖒👏

Many thanks for your kind words, I hope to improve with the passage of time, as Buzz Lightyear said "to infinity and beyond ..." ... :D,
If you continue in the forum, and I will also, you will see more models that I hope you like.
Below each of my messages, you can see some links with some of my finished models (not all), for as long as I do something new, if you are interested.

Cheers Homer :yes:

On 4/11/2017 at 18:21, BlackMax12 said:

Well, that certainly looks a lot better than the original.  The tracks and especially the leaves and the overall weathering are a vast improvement.  If you still have old models

that need reworking and if they turn out as well as this one and your earlier SU then have at them.  Like you say it's not a big loss if they don't turn out but so far you have had 2 for 2 that are excellent.

Keep them coming,

Oh, send some of that 30 degree weather as it's -17C here this AM and 28cm of snow yesterday and it's only November 4.

Lloyd

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I would gladly give you a few degrees for your comfort, although it seems that the fall of truth has been here. In the north of the country, the ski slopes have already opened, and in my region, one of the provinces, Granada, has already opened them.:cold:

Even so, we continue talking about 20 positive degrees in my city during the day, what if it is necessary is that it rains ...:rain:

Cheers Lloyd :bye:

On 4/11/2017 at 22:06, Buzby061 said:

Nicely resurrected. The weathering, tracks & mud are superbly done. 

Still not got a T34 in my collection, must remedy that. 

Pete

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, I think you're going to be glad to have at least one T-34 in your collection, it's a model that allows you to do many things about weathering.

Cheers Pete :yes:

7 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, I think you're going to be glad to have at least one T-34 in your collection, it's a model that allows you to do many things about weathering.

Cheers Pete :yes:

I'm part way there Francis. I bought a resin Russian tanker at Telford yesterday, just need a T-34 to put him with.

Pete

• Like 1